Fascist America

--
Fascist America

April 27th, 2007  
Donkey

Topic: Fascist America

Fascist America
This is an interesting one...

While there are many valid points most are compared with to many what ifs. Some are so flawed it isn't even funny, none the less it is an interesting read. However I do not agree...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,2064157,00.html
April 28th, 2007  
5.56X45mm

This from a paper in a country that has become "BIG BROTHER".

British Police can enter your house for numorus reasons without a warrant.

Cameras are EVERYWHERE! The British Government is installing cameras that can look into people's houses.

The British has disarmed it people so they cannot fight back.

The local government in England has no authority. In the UK, a city or county government can be removed by the federal government of England for any reason.

In the UK, there is common law. Which is a legal system that goes against everything in the USA. Common Law is a legal system in which judges have the authority and duty to decide what the law is when there is no other authoritative statement of the law. In the USA that does not happen. It cannot be a law unless it is in the law books. In the UK, it could be a law even if it is not in the law books. Basicily, even if there is no ciminal statute, you could be breaking a law that does not exist on paper.

Sorry, but the UK has become a far for fascist state than the USA.
April 28th, 2007  
major liability

That's true 5.56, this is rather hypocritical. I'd rather live in an empire-building violent democracy than a perfectly peaceful little Big Bro state.
--
Fascist America
April 29th, 2007  
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by major liability
That's true 5.56, this is rather hypocritical. I'd rather live in an empire-building violent democracy than a perfectly peaceful little Big Bro state.
Agreed!

Interesting facts, you got there, 5.56.
April 29th, 2007  
A Can of Man

Funny isn't it?
April 30th, 2007  
Donkey

I believe the writer is an American Citizen
April 30th, 2007  
phoenix80

don't use this word "fascist" so lightly
April 30th, 2007  
Donkey

I wasn't it was the title of the article...
May 1st, 2007  
phoenix80

I know but was just saying this FASCIST term is a very heavy word and most people in the western world dont know much about it unless they live under it (which they dont and therefore they dont know what fascism is really about) and I have lived the oppression of Islamofascism and I know it so I suggested that people shouldnt use it lightly.

Thnx
May 1st, 2007  
LCPLSMITH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56X45mm
This from a paper in a country that has become "BIG BROTHER".

Sorry, but the UK has become a far for fascist state than the USA.
This is an interesting point that deserves further discussion. The author of that article uses the if y than x argument style. This is a blatant line drawing fallacy. His arguments are incredibly one sided.