Fascist America

This from a paper in a country that has become "BIG BROTHER".

British Police can enter your house for numorus reasons without a warrant.

Cameras are EVERYWHERE! The British Government is installing cameras that can look into people's houses.

The British has disarmed it people so they cannot fight back.

The local government in England has no authority. In the UK, a city or county government can be removed by the federal government of England for any reason.

In the UK, there is common law. Which is a legal system that goes against everything in the USA. Common Law is a legal system in which judges have the authority and duty to decide what the law is when there is no other authoritative statement of the law. In the USA that does not happen. It cannot be a law unless it is in the law books. In the UK, it could be a law even if it is not in the law books. Basicily, even if there is no ciminal statute, you could be breaking a law that does not exist on paper.

Sorry, but the UK has become a far for fascist state than the USA.

That's true 5.56, this is rather hypocritical. I'd rather live in an empire-building violent democracy than a perfectly peaceful little Big Bro state.

I know but was just saying this FASCIST term is a very heavy word and most people in the western world dont know much about it unless they live under it (which they dont and therefore they dont know what fascism is really about) and I have lived the oppression of Islamofascism and I know it so I suggested that people shouldnt use it lightly.

Thnx

This from a paper in a country that has become "BIG BROTHER".

Sorry, but the UK has become a far for fascist state than the USA.

This is an interesting point that deserves further discussion. The author of that article uses the if y than x argument style. This is a blatant line drawing fallacy. His arguments are incredibly one sided.

I know but was just saying this FASCIST term is a very heavy word and most people in the western world dont know much about it unless they live under it (which they dont and therefore they dont know what fascism is really about) and I have lived the oppression of Islamofascism and I know it so I suggested that people shouldnt use it lightly.

Thnx

Fascism

Don't be so quick to presume that others have no inkling of what they are talking about.

5.56 pointed out several parallels with the UK and the wikipedia definition.

Why don't you educate us by giving us some examples that are not included in the wikipedia version.

When I read this I saw some parallels with the article. Many times I have seen the step from deviant opinion into un-American or even hostile opinion. But that is just one thing....

Many times I have spent on looking for parallels between contemporary America and Communist Europe. When I travelled to Hungary or Poland I had to fill in much less paperwork then when I'd try to get into the US. When going to C.E you had to fill in form with where you'd planned to go. If I want to visit the US I have to give my point of entry and whom I want to visit.
The way that live TV was put under control after the superbowl thing with Janet Jackson was also astounding. Why let live television be so restrained because of this (rather amusing) fluke? Is Janet's left nipple more offending then live television?

I don't pretend to know all the ins and outs but from what I gather, America is rapidly becoming a state far beyond my comprehension. Maybe somebody can fill me in on what is going on?

When I read this I saw some parallels with the article. Many times I have seen the step from deviant opinion into un-American or even hostile opinion. But that is just one thing....

Many times I have spent on looking for parallels between contemporary America and Communist Europe. When I travelled to Hungary or Poland I had to fill in much less paperwork then when I'd try to get into the US. When going to C.E you had to fill in form with where you'd planned to go. If I want to visit the US I have to give my point of entry and whom I want to visit.
The way that live TV was put under control after the superbowl thing with Janet Jackson was also astounding. Why let live television be so restrained because of this (rather amusing) fluke? Is Janet's left nipple more offending then live television?

I don't pretend to know all the ins and outs but from what I gather, America is rapidly becoming a state far beyond my comprehension. Maybe somebody can fill me in on what is going on?

Those procedures are in place to detect terrorists. Are you a terrorist? If no, then you shouldn't have any thing to worry about! Right?

Plus comparing America with communist europe was hillarious. Shows lack of knowledge on American society and also shows a huge amount of hatred towards America on part of a European citizen.

Let's talk about free terrorists who kill peoples like Theo Van Gogh in the light of the day and they are free to preach hatred. Go Europe Go!

Last edited:
Last time I checked I wasn't a terrorist, but going to the States makes me feel like one. Why do they want to know my credit card number and my other bank accounts, what's it to them what my blood type is? Why do I have to get to the airport more then 3 houres in advance, so they can check the passanger list? Last year a KLM flight had to turn around because of a name they didn't like. It is all so complete random and some of our names are mistook for Arab (read; terrorist) names. I don't act on my lack of knowledge to lable every American. They do act on theirs to treat us patronizingly, to degrade and to humiliate us.

So I'd say that I don't hate America but I am starting to dislike the administration that makes me feel this way. And if I could see some premeditated plan and some succes in countering terrorist..... well... then maybe I wouldn't object to this.

p.s. The freak that killed Van Gogh can't preach hatred anymore since he is doing life in a special facility, which isn't know for it's quality time with other inmates.

Last time I checked I wasn't a terrorist, but going to the States makes me feel like one. Why do they want to know my credit card number and my other bank accounts, what's it to them what my blood type is? Why do I have to get to the airport more then 3 houres in advance, so they can check the passanger list? Last year a KLM flight had to turn around because of a name they didn't like. It is all so complete random and some of our names are mistook for Arab (read; terrorist) names. I don't act on my lack of knowledge to lable every American. They do act on theirs to treat us patronizingly, to degrade and to humiliate us.

So I'd say that I don't hate America but I am starting to dislike the administration that makes me feel this way. And if I could see some premeditated plan and some succes in countering terrorist..... well... then maybe I wouldn't object to this.

p.s. The freak that killed Van Gogh can't preach hatred anymore since he is doing life in a special facility, which isn't know for it's quality time with other inmates.

Careful man the Iranian-Canadian will tell you off for being an un-American Dutchman.

Anyway I am not sure why you have to pass on so much information to get in to the US as we are both covered by the visa waiver program and I all have to produce is a passport and single white form (cant recall the number)

Why do they want to know my credit card number and my other bank accounts, what's it to them what my blood type is? Why do I have to get to the airport more then 3 houres in advance, so they can check the passanger list

I have never encountered any of this, I have always found US customs to be pretty efficient given the number of people they handle on a daily basis but if you want to see strict regulations try flying into or out of India or Israel.

Those procedures are in place to detect terrorists. Are you a terrorist? If no, then you shouldn't have any thing to worry about! Right?

No. Wrong!

Anybody who believes in its governments word on faith alone, without the slightest question or verification is a fool. And anybody who still trusts the Bush Administration word, with its long history of lies and deceptions: doubly so.

The problem is the White House refuses to let anybody (the courts, congress) supervise who exactly is being watched and for what purpose. Both the FBI and CIA (both run by Bush Cronies) report to the executive branch. So nobody but the presidents inner circle knows whats going on. That's a very dangerous precedent.

The WH only response is we should "trust them" on faith alone. This from a Administration with a very long history of lying to cover illegal or immoral activities.

Had the populations of Nazi Germany, or the Soviet Union been fully aware of what exactly their governments were doing History might have taken a very different course. When a Government refuses to let anybody supervise its activities at all it usually means its doing something it knows its not suppose to be doing.

As an American citizen, who was born, raised, and lived there for 28 years. I can tell you for fact that TED has a greater understanding of American society than you do. Your radical views DO NOT represent America as a whole, but are those of a small fringe group who are fading quickly into obscurity, -and not fast enough.

Last edited:
Thanks for the support guys ;)!

As to MontyB, I worked the last two years at Schiphol national airport so I saw many changes first hand. After the 9/11 attacks the US government asks for a lot more then your usual info. We even had questions asked in parliament why the US government could so easily obtain personal info from Dutch banks about their clients. These banks seemed to hand over delicate info otherwise they would encounter measures in the US. Our own banks don't even safe guard our own bank account information.

Things are going a very very strange way!

Back