Family in Army?

Balkan-MiG

Was wondering, any of your family members have stories from their service in the military?

My brother served in the Serbian army from 1993 [I think, or it might have been 94] to 2001.

He just served a little in the war in Bosnia, he was a minesweeper. He says it wasnt that interesting, except on a couple of occasions, whilst clearing roads from mines, his squad was shot at by snipers in the hills [He never killed anybody, and i doubt he could have hit a sniper from distance with a Ak47 anyways].

I remember him telling me that during the bombings in Serbia by Nato [In 1999], one of his best friends was stationed in a Kosovo air base, and he was standing outside patrolling. And that night was when some Russian aircraft were going to land there and "help" [In the end they didnt, bloody Boris Yeltsin]. It was light, raining heavily and there was thunder/lightning. And when the first of the Russian aircraft started to descend for landing, there was red lightning.
Probably some freaky Soviet ownage stuff :2guns:

But seriously, could anybody be able to explain this [After they told some of their relatives service stories]?

My grandfather and one of his old pals told me about their experiences during the continuation war once.
I had just signed my first contract and they concidered me to be their equal...

Humbling experience.

Back