Fall in! you orrible little man!

poacher63

Good evening ladies and Gentlemen,
Let me introduce myself, I was 24558594 Warrant Officer Class 2 Peter Almond. I started off my career in the British Army as a Junior Leader(Boy soldier) leaving school and going straight into the Army at 16 years old. After 49 weeks basic training i joined my county Regiment The 2nd Bn the Royal Anglian Regt(The Poachers). I progressed thru the ranks carrying out many roles from I.S,Arctic,Jungle,Light,Armoured Inf, Armd Close Recce, Desert soldiering. I have been to many countries and also served along side and instructed with them too. I retired from the Army finishing a full career as W.O 2 (C.G.W.O) with the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers. I now work as a B.G.:salute2:

Welcome aboard ...

Anyone who selects "Poacher" for his membername (even tho serving in the "Poachers"), can't be all bad ... have fun mate .....

hello there good man :)

I am sure you will like it here, and u will soon discover why 8)

lol, so ur a little man eh? :lol:

Welcome aboard Poacher63, I hope you have fun with the debates here! But do me a favour speak in civvy language, because I don't understand all of the abbreviations you mil.guys use! And that goes for many of you!The only rank I ever held was "helper" during my cub-scout days...

Rodger That!

Apologies Ted, Warrant Officer Class 2, Abbreviated is W.O II(2) the number being written in roman numerals. This Rank in the Infantry is normally known as Sergeant Major, this man is the senior non-commisioned officer of a fighting company therefore he will be known as C.S.M It is the second highest non-commisioned rank in the British army the highest being W.O I (1) and this man is normaly the senior NCO in a unit with the Title (In an Infantry unit) of R.S.M(Regimental Sergeant Major) and otherwise known to us mere mortals as "GOD!"
Bulldog glad you like the unit name,however there are 2 regular Bns in the Royal Anglians and thier nick names are as follows 1st Bn(The Vikings) and of course the 2nd Bn(The Poachers) untill recently we had a 3rd regular Bn and its nickname was the "Pomoadours". The 3rd Bn has been reactivated as a Territorial Army(for U.S read national guard) and i believe it will be given the old nickname of the "Steelbacks".As for the Unit titles they are alot longer the 2nd Bns is actually "The 2nd Bn The Royal Anglian(Princess Alice and Duke of Ranfurley's own) Regiment, however the usual title is 2 Royal Anglian! alot less of a mouthfull! Cheers Pete:-D

poacher63 said:
this man is the senior non-commisioned officer of a fighting company therefore he will be known as C.S.M

See!! I knew it didn't make sense!! senior non-commisioned officer and you abbreviate it with C.S.M. What kind of abbr. is that? commisioned senior mofficer..... I have troubles with such language, English being my second language and all.

Hahahahahahaha excellent!! This is exactly what I was looking for. I added it to my favorite list so I can read it in my spare time. Brilliant!

Bulldog, C.S.M in the British Army is Company Sergeant Major, in the U.S Army C.S.M Command Sergeant Major and its equivalent in the British Army is R.S.M Regimental Sergeant Major!(Even though he only commands in a Battalion!) Cor!don't you love British Army traditions..some times they can make what you would've thought is a straight forward conversation very complicated!..Ah Well! "Vive la Difference!"

Back