Falklands - Page 2




 
--
 
August 30th, 2012  
Capt Frogman
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Highway Man
Get your hands round my..............radio!!! whatever turns you marines on!!!
Stop it, I've told you not to talk like that to me in public babe!

August 30th, 2012  
42RM
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
The chap to talk to about the Falklands is NP8901, he was there.
Yep, one of the famous bazooka boys.
August 31st, 2012  
viper2007
 
 
Thank you, thank you, and thank you, gentlemen... This is wonderful indeed. Please keep it coming...

The plane in the photos is a Pucarra, I believe. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

It is strange that the islanders regarded themselves as British subjects, although they are thousands of miles away, I suppose the spirit of nationalism is very strong, something you do not see very often nowadays.

I would like to hear more, if I may...

And this bazooka thingy, 42RM, care to elaborate? I heard it somewhere before, but it was brief and short. It would really be a feat of gunnery, if I may so say...
--
August 31st, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2007
Thank you, thank you, and thank you, gentlemen... This is wonderful indeed. Please keep it coming...

The plane in the photos is a Pucarra, I believe. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

It is strange that the islanders regarded themselves as British subjects, although they are thousands of miles away, I suppose the spirit of nationalism is very strong, something you do not see very often nowadays.

I would like to hear more, if I may...

And this bazooka thingy, 42RM, care to elaborate? I heard it somewhere before, but it was brief and short. It would really be a feat of gunnery, if I may so say...

They are British, they want to stay British. The history of the FalklandsIslands; they were a part of the logistical network which the RN created around the world and the whaling stations located there as well.

I have heard things; silent whispers, if the conflict had continued for a week or so, the outcome might have been different due to the supplies.

Thanks, Opa Brit, I will look for the documentary.
Thanks for the vid, leatherneck

Any attempts to clear the mine fields?
August 31st, 2012  
BritinAfrica
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
They are British, they want to stay British. The history of the FalklandsIslands; they were a part of the logistical network which the RN created around the world and the whaling stations located there as well.

I have heard things; silent whispers, if the conflict had continued for a week or so, the outcome might have been different due to the supplies.
Watching various documentaries the main concern about the war going on longer was the state of the ships, they had taken such a pounding due to bad weather they would have to withdraw to a friendly port for repairs and whatever matelots do in port.


Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Thanks, Opa Brit, I will look for the documentary.
My pleasure 13. An interest fact, the head medical officer was awarded the O.B.E. or in his words the award was for "Other Bastards Efforts," He was also awarded an Argentine Medal for his work saving Argentine wounded. He wrote to the Queen asking what he should do with it, she replied that he should "wear it." he stated, "I wear the medal with Her Majesty's permission."
August 31st, 2012  
42RM
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2007
And this bazooka thingy, 42RM, care to elaborate? I heard it somewhere before, but it was brief and short. It would really be a feat of gunnery, if I may so say...
Let the old boy himself tell the story.
Hey, Colour where are you?
August 31st, 2012  
84RFK
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42RM
Let the old boy himself tell the story.
Hey, Colour where are you?
Nah, it may be better that you tell us, and elaborate the story enough to make him come along and tell us the real story.
August 31st, 2012  
BritinAfrica
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42RM
Let the old boy himself tell the story.
Hey, Colour where are you?
Not many blokes would take on a warship with an 84, 66 and small arms.

I for one would love to hear the full story.
August 31st, 2012  
42RM
 
Colour claims that he is working in the field until Sunday. A Scot who works is as unthinkable as a sober Irishman.
August 31st, 2012  
Tankboy
 
 
He is Haggis shearing no doubt.
 


Similar Topics
Buenos Aires province devises its own Falklands ship ban
Argentina will sue over Falklands oil exploration
UK to "robustly" defend Falklands, Argentina seeks U.N. aid (Reuters)
Here we go again, Falklands Style.
Did the British Goverment lie with regard the Falklands