Fake Marine?

Damien435

Alright, here's the situation. I have been a member on a game called Ultimate Dominion for three years, it's a free text based RPG, really cheap and childish but I like the chat, people from all over the world on there. The argument is this, there is a member claiming to be a former Marine, I've been in heated debate with him because I know he is not a Marine based on the following:

1. He does not know the meaning of Semper Fidelis.

2. He does not know even the first two lines to The Marines' Hymn.

3. He does not know where he went to basic if indeed he did.

That and others, I personally think this guy is a fraud, what are the opinions of the other members of these forums? I know it's not that big a deal and it is just a game, but I think the actions taken by this person are despicable.

I think that's pretty low, but you shouldn't get all worked up about it unless he claims he did heroic deeds as well...

ppl shouldnt try to say they are something that their not. its disrespectful to anyone that has served, is serving, or will serve...but hey thats just my opinion.

He is full of ****. I will never in my life forget where I went to basic. I will probably never forget my drills either.

haha as a Marine, I promise you all Marines, regardless of how old or how long ago they were actively participating in the Corps, would know where he or she went to boot... Forgetting the meaning of Semper Fi or not know the two lines of the hymn are bad, but not knowing where he or she went to bootcamp is the biggest indicator. thats just something one does not forget...

Too bad its only online... real life encounters with posers are so much more fun. Damian, see if you can get his IP... hehehe.

I hate people like that. Not is he lying, but it's about military service and being a Marine. I need a good ol' Drill Instructor to use the language I that f***er deserves.

I'm with Bulldogg on this one. somone needs to get his IP and... have fun.

You may cook up a good USMC story with Google in five minutes, but it doesn't last longer than that either.

By the way, has our good ol' fake marine friend Billy returned from his tour of duty yet?

During the argument he kept saying "Have you ever been to Iraq?" and "Ever hear of the Iraqi Triangle?" but he never went in depth. Oh I left the best part out of my initial post, he claims to have suffered massive head trauma and only remember being a Marine because one of his friends told him he was in the Corps for five and a half years.

He is 100% fake no doubt. He needs some treatment to that head wound like a 12 size boot.

I have met many fake Marines in real life. They are usually old and pretend to be a guy who's "been there before." In the RoK Marines we respect the guys who were there before us.
One fake guy snapped the Army salute. If he wasn't so friggin' old I would have snapped him the finger.

I blame it all on Halloween... bastards, encouraging children to pretend to be something they're not... :)

My first halloween I dressed up as Batman, I also used that costume as my pajama's for the rest of the year.

Back