Fake Marine

Does he deserve to earn the title of United States Marine?

• yes (please post why)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no (also post why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

C/2nd Lt Robot

I got a freind saying that he is a Marine. Im not a Marine yet but it kills me to here someone say they are a Marine when they havent earned that title yet. So any Marines here got anything that will hit him at the heart and make him realize that just saying your a Marine doesnt makes you a Marine? And for those who want his AIM sn just PM for it. I want to set him straight once and for all.

You're asking a loaded question.

First, if he is in basic and getting ready to finish(aka finished the Crucible, and got a grad. date) then yes he can be called a Marine.

But, if he is just getting ready to go into basic, meaning he hasn't done anything under the Marine Corps.

Then HELL NO. You have to earn your right to become a Marine.. Just remember all Marines choose to become Marines, you aren't drafted or picked by the Army.

Marines are special..

Semper Fi

Lance Corporal Jonathan David
United States Marine Corps
2001-2002

I am not a Marine but I am a Security Policeman in the AF, and not only does he not deserve the title of Marine if he ran into some one that is a Marine they just might beat him. I ran into a kid that was wearing one of our Berets (which is what sets us apart from the rest of the AF) no rank only name tapes, no badge.. So I asked him if he was a cop and he said no not yet but I am going to the academy tomorrow. (turns out he just finished boot camp and got a beret somehow) So I snatch the beret off of his head and I still got that damn thing hanging in my locker.. I told him "tell your cadre at the Security Forces academy that I took this off your head, then explain to them why you were wearing it".....HA HA HA youngster almost pissed his pants.....

Here is how it was described to me, you are not a Marine until you pass basic, you may be in the Marine Corp. but you are not yet a Marine, so no, he has not yet earned the right to call himself a Marine, perhaps in a couple of weeks he will have earned the right to do so.

my cousin knew a guy who was in the SAS, and another guy who was in the Royal Marines.

Mod edit: My cousin knew the guy who killed King Kong.

I'm not a marine but due some straight logic if he spent some time in Corps i guess he can be caled a Marine but if he is marine wannabee then im not sure he IS a marine

Chqusmc said:
you are not a real marine until you get NJP

Well for those that arent in the know, NJP stands for Non Judicial Punishment, or the military law system that trys and punishes military unique crimes, such as absence without leave (AWOL).

What that has to do with a real marine I havent a clue: unless thats some kind of internal reconition thing among marines themselves. of course, its a joke.

It really doesnt answer Nullis question, in my opinion, as to what to tell this friend thats posing as a marine.

Anyone that has been in The Corps or went through boot will tell you, you are not a Marine until you graduate, you have to put on your Blues go through the ceremony and then and only then you are a Marine. You are just a pond scum peice of crap until then and any DI will tell you that. So, unless your friend has graduated from boot, he is just a low life peice of pond scum. All Marines will tell you that, the reason is because we are told that all the way through boot camp. As a matter of fact when you are in boot, until your final phase your DI will not let you look at others ahead of you because you are not deserving of it, they will soon be Marines and you are not.

To answer the question: If he isn't a marine, he shouldn't say he is one. I think it's that simple.

Hell, I think the best way to handle it is to find a Marine and ask your buddy to try and convince HIM that they're the same. :lol:

In reality, I doubt anything you have to say will convince your pal that he's wrong if he's deluded enough to think that he is a junior high Marine (I'm assuming he's one of your schoolmates). Sometimes you just have to let people find things out the hard way.

I have a Marines sn and told him about it i hope he straightened him out. He's in high school just finished his freshman year.

Why do you let it bother you? He a freshman in high school, who's going to believe he's a Marine? In order to be a Marine, Airman, Sailor, Soldier, or Coastie, you have to earn it. Nobody's just given the any of those titles. Maybe the kid thinks it's halloween? Don't let his delusions of grandeur bother you. Just smile to yourself and rest assured that if he keeps saying he's a Marine, you don't have to do a thing because someone will eventually slap him down.

DTop said:
Why do you let it bother you? He a freshman in high school, who's going to believe he's a Marine? In order to be a Marine, Airman, Sailor, Soldier, or Coastie, you have to earn it. Nobody's just given the any of those titles. Maybe the kid thinks it's halloween? Don't let his delusions of grandeur bother you. Just smile to yourself and rest assured that if he keeps saying he's a Marine, you don't have to do a thing because someone will eventually slap him down.
True, true. Maybe we shouldn't spent so much attention to one kid...

Convince the kid to go to the local mall or recruiter and tell them he is a Marine, they would correct it in about a heartbeat if not less. Plus, if it bothers you personally so much let him know and then shrug it off. If he gets into boot they will correct it for sure.

Back