Fake Marine

Does he deserve to earn the title of United States Marine?

• yes (please post why)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no (also post why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Unless your friend is dillusional or if he's in JROTC, I don't know where he came up with the idea that he is a Marine. Even if he was in JROTC, that doesn't give him the right to say that he is a Marine, because like other people have said, you aren't a Marine until you finish the Crucible.

He is not a marine, but you dont have too let him get slapped down. I wouldnt do that too a friend because him saying it, is embarrasing enough. Not that being a marine is embarrasing but that a "wanna be marine" is. :cowb:

I'm in JROTC, but sure as hell not in the Navy. He can call himself a "junior Marine candidate"...in NJROTC we go with "Cadet sailor" etc.

When I went to the Marine Recruiting offices I almost got in a fight with one of the recruiters, see what happened was I went to Washington High School, he went to Brandon High School, so we were rivals, has started talkin shit (pardon my language) about my school and I wanted to fight right then and there, I have a lot of school spirit and I know our football team is going to do awesome this year, his will suck since they are a very young team, like 2 seniors will be returning to their team, a large part of the starters this past season were only Juniors, so they will all be returning, two quarterbacks returning, a fullback, 2 tailbacks, 3 wide receivers (4 if I choose to play), 4 OLine, all four of our starting DLine, 2 Linebackers, and all of the secondary will be returning. We made it to Quarter's last year, this year we go all the way!

Damien435 said:
When I went to the Marine Recruiting offices I almost got in a fight with one of the recruiters, see what happened was I went to Washington High School, he went to Brandon High School, so we were rivals, has started talkin shit (pardon my language) about my school and I wanted to fight right then and there, I have a lot of school spirit and I know our football team is going to do awesome this year, his will suck since they are a very young team, like 2 seniors will be returning to their team, a large part of the starters this past season were only Juniors, so they will all be returning, two quarterbacks returning, a fullback, 2 tailbacks, 3 wide receivers (4 if I choose to play), 4 OLine, all four of our starting DLine, 2 Linebackers, and all of the secondary will be returning. We made it to Quarter's last year, this year we go all the way!
Don't see the relevance...

No one should ever say they are a Marine unless they have gone through boot and have their egeal golbe and anchor. that is what every Marine strives for, to whear that egeal golbe and anchor with pride. i as a young marine dont even consider myself a Marine in fact we are reminded that we are not marines almost every meeting.

Why do you let it bother you? I beleave someone posted that question, well by that 1person tellling others he is a Marine he is going against years of history. there is not a marine that i can think of that made the books that do not have their egeal golbe and anchor as i stated before every recrute wants that egeal golbe and anchor and every Marine has it. and a sure way to get his ass straightened out is to take him to a recruting station where u know there is a Marine and tell your problem, hell solve it for u.

3 things to ask someone who claim to be a marine are these.

1. What was your drill instructors name?
2. do you have a battle roster number? (dunno if marines call it something else lol...Im army ;) )
3. How was graduation?

if he doesnt answer these with a proper answer...send him for chemlite batteries and a boom check on a howitzer to prove his worthiness :)

soldierzhonor said:
3 things to ask someone who claim to be a marine are these.

1. What was your drill instructors name?
2. do you have a battle roster number? (dunno if marines call it something else lol...Im army ;) )
3. How was graduation?

Disclaimer for you kids: I believe Soldierzhonor's questions were more tongue in cheek, but just in case any of you get any ideas, these questions wouldn't prove very much. And it is a bad idea to call fire on a real Marine because he/she didn't answer questions like these to your satisifaction.

Hi, troops.

Sounds like this bloke has massive respect for Uncle Sam's Misguided Children, to the extent that he can't wait to graduate before associating himself with the Corps. Royal Marines Commandos have to earn and wear the coveted dagger before calling themselves commandos, and in my old mob, you had to earn and wear your wings before calling yourself a Para. To that end, your mate should be applauded for wanting to become a Marine (Muscles Are Required Intelligence Not Essential-joke! Just a little Para/Marine rivalry! :rock: )

However, perhaps a little discretion should be used here. Tell your mate to hold fire on the 'I'm a Marine' cooments 'til he's graduated, before he upsets a real bootneck. Just an opinion. :camo:

Back