Failed States Index

Ted
I can not remember exactly where (or) when I saw the figure for aids in Holland ... it was awhile ago, and the topic that I was posting to was "Legalising Drugs in America". That part I remember vividly ... some retard brought up the lasses faire attitude about drug usage in some portions of Europe, and in particular the fact that Holland had taken steps to legalise certain "soft" drugs.

While researching the program in Holland, I came across an editorial (or) article from a Newspaper in Europe (that required translation). The gist of the article was that there was an epidemic of aids within the unregistered sex 'industry' that was fast approaching 100%. One of the probable consequences of this 'might' be the 'free drug distribution program' you mentioned in your last post. Is it possible?

Whatever the case is, I would not toot a horn too loudly for too long as there is always some glass in your house that can be broke by stones attracted by loud noise and high winds.

If you can't contribute to the posts between members, don't post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marinerhodes said:
Whatever the case is, I would not toot a horn too loudly for too long as there is always some glass in your house that can be broke by stones attracted by loud noise and high winds.

Words for all to live by don't you think?

See the Mod message left for Marinerhodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a case of country bashing .....

Marinerhodes said:

I was NOT country bashing if you will back-trace the discussion Ted and I were having ... I was just pointing out that even Holland has a failed program even though they scored high on this stupid index. I then followed up with the information I had on Aids in Holland that was illicited from Ted's post.

SO - what's the matter, is there something wrong with imparting information and asking if the information is correct?

Chief Bones said:
Ted
One of the probable consequences of this 'might' be the 'free drug distribution program' you mentioned in your last post. Is it possible?

Once again Chief, I am not into the numbers of the percantage of AIDS infecteds in the unregistered prostitution. The only two things I can say to this is:
1) I don't hear any alarm bell regarding AIDS, eventhough many of the illegal prostituted are being visited by normal people. These should be registered as being AIDS infected when they have their normal check ups, but these numbers aren't rising. This imo contradicts the number.
2) The free distribution programme is under the supervision of the NHS. The methadon they distribute is taken orally, they drink it from a paper cup which is used only once. There are no shared needles, so I don't think they infect eachother while in the program.

p.s. the horning part of horns, I don't get fully. But as far as it goes, I had no trouble with Chief's words and the message he was bringing about... If I misinterpret the quote, then I am sorry for that.

It is possible that Holland has managed to get on top of the problem and has taken steps to address the problem. I wasn't aware that "unregistered" prostitutes and joyboys had "normal checkups". I knew that the registered sex workers were required to have periodic checkups ... but ... can't picture how the unregistereds would be controlled through checkups (after all they ARE "unregistered").

The original story painted a picture of a situation that was out of control with NO program in place to address it - evidently, if you don't hear a lot about the Aids plague in Holland, then evidently something has changed since I read the original article.

I just checked the aids rates on wikipedia which had about 120 references and sources for the AIDS article. According to its map holland has a relatively low level of aids, which corresonds to most other european nations. The USA on the other hand seems to have among the highest levels of AIDS infection for the industrialized nations. So it seems that holland is much better off than we are with that problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS

While holland may have unregistered prostitutes that might not follow regulations, the USA has nothing but unregistered prostitutes that are probably far more dangerous to be in contact with.

I just checked the aids rates on wikipedia which had about 120 references and sources for the AIDS article. According to its map holland has a relatively low level of aids, which corresonds to most other european nations. The USA on the other hand seems to have among the highest levels of AIDS infection for the industrialized nations. So it seems that holland is much better off than we are with that problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS

While holland may have unregistered prostitutes that might not follow regulations, the USA has nothing but unregistered prostitutes that are probably far more dangerous to be in contact with.

Ain't dat da truth.....

Back