F-35 or Eurofighter?

Skufr

The Norwegian goverment has still not decided on which to buy, but I believe it's safe to say that it will be either the F-35 or the Eurofighter. Unfortunately I also believe the decision will be made on economical and political grounds, not from which of the two aircraft will be best suited for the needs of the RNoAF.

But what do you think? Which aircraft would you choose?

Mulit-role capabilities must be taken into the account, especially suitability for the anti-ship role. But one should also remember that the aircraft chosen will be the only aircraft available for the air superiority role.

I think they need to run a couple of them for about year to see just which one suiys there needs the best

I saw a show on the JSF F-35 and the testing it went through. It seemed pretty darn good but it would need to be proven a little more for my liking. So i think i would go with the EF-2000 Eurofighter.

ef2000_8.jpg

Thats the Typhoon EF-2000 Eurofighter

I would go for the Eurofighter simply because it seems more capable..No offence to the F-35!

The F-35 is stealth though. Even as an inferior plane, wouldn't that give it a huge advantage? I know it doesn't mean absolute protection from radar detection but it means the F-35 pilot sees the enemy first and therefore will enter the fight with a higher chance of having surprise on its side.

The F-35 is stealth though. Even as an inferior plane, wouldn't that give it a huge advantage? I know it doesn't mean absolute protection from radar detection but it means the F-35 pilot sees the enemy first and therefore will enter the fight with a higher chance of having surprise on its side.

The JSF is stealthy and has a good bit better radar than the typoon, but once you get pass the electronics and radar and stealth its really just not that great of a plane. I dont liek the concept of building large numbers of less than perfect planes.

Yes I know the whole quality vs quantity thing but that's why you always have a system of twos. A high performance top grade design and a lower performance design that will still hold its own but probably not own anything.
It's not just airplanes.
You cannot fill an Army will Special Forces. It's simply not realistic. You will have to have your basic infantry, who are also good, but obviously not up to Special Forces levels.
It's not just the military.
You got your excavators, but that doesn't mean you won't need a hundred shovels at your construction site.

I prefer the looks of the Eurofighter!

BIG BIG dittos on that lol.

I just dont see the advantages of the JSF the Eurofighter has just as much A2G capabilitie and it can more than handle itself agaisnt anything in the air other than a Raptor.

Last edited:
I believe there are issues with the US not sharing technology/information regarding the F-35 with european countries like the UK and Norway which will probably mean the eurofighter will be chosen.

MMmmm! Not heard of all the glitches with all these aircraft then! I think what aircraft norway picks it will be a good choice. Bearing in mind the U.K will be Flying both types so i believe what ever is chosen the British will be able to fight off both aircraft against each other and come up with tactics that will play to each others capability.At the moment if i had to choose it would be the EF-2000 Typhoon simply because its flight testing, weapons testing(Meteor is looking mightily impressive) is futher along and due to come in sqn service next year!(I'll believe it when i see it). A short story about stealth, the B2 Spirit had been touted as "the Invisible plane" sure enough come the International Airshow at RAF Fairford in Gloucestershire the B2 was doing its display. The day was rainy and i was stood next to the RAF Regt and thier Rapier (Field Standard C)launcher .The guys giving it the "Export talk from Hell" and guess what? it locked on just like that.

Back