F-22 vs MiG-1.42

Who do You think is better?

• MiG 1.42 "Raptorski"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Uncle_Sam

Although, I know, this plane ain't going to see service, just curious, what plane do You prefere more. After voting please full answer.
I took liberty of saying that these two planes are the best!
I voted for Raptor since I think it has better caracteristics.

Can't say as I have ever heard of the MiG 1.42 but I'm willing to bet that a Raptor and a pilot with some brass ones could blow it out of the sky.

...just looked at it on google. Looks suspiciously like the JSF.

)
Mark Conley said:
http://aeroweb.lucia.it/~agretch/RAFAQ/MiG1.42.html

lots of develomental work on the MIG..but no real prototype? sheesh. :cry:

The raptor would have it fro breakfast, BTW. :D
Actually there is a prototype, I can give an url but I'll have to find, I forgot the name of the site... :mrgreen:
On paper they say it is better than Raptor in any way :lol: :lol: they could only fool an idiot!
For example: they say it will be stealthier than Raptor(my baby :D ), no matter what RAM it has just look at it's air intakes! They would shine on the radar like a flare! Also it carries it's weapons externally!!. About manouverability: As far as I know Typhoon is not more manouverable than Raptor, well MiG is very much like Typhoon but with another vertical stabilizer!
............................ I have to cut this alittle bit since I'm in a hurry............

Coz mig has Infra Red Helmet Sight, which makes all western close combat equipment obsolete. It has huge angle, and in close combat F-22 doesnt has a chance unless it has the same system.

Actually, I would vote for S-37 Berkut, its much better plane than MiG 1.42.

BTW MiG 1.42 was never ment for a service, it is merely a test system for the next generation plane technologies. Only problem is that the project never had adequate finances.

rovai said:
Coz mig has Infra Red Helmet Sight, which makes all western close combat equipment obsolete. It has huge angle, and in close combat F-22 doesnt has a chance unless it has the same system.

Actually, I would vote for S-37 Berkut, its much better plane than MiG 1.42.

BTW MiG 1.42 was never ment for a service, it is merely a test system for the next generation plane technologies. Only problem is that the project never had adequate finances.

:lol: Infra red equipment was even on the F-14s in mid 80s, why do you think Raptor doesn't have it? Also I read somewhere that Raptor is undetectable by infra-red, I'll try to dind a link.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Great F-22 picture series, a must see:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/thread?forumid=211833&messageid=1088371810&lp=1088432355"

My baby! :cry: I love so much that plane!

Commanche is undetectable by Infra red! They say F-22 is too :D What are now your infra-red sights going to do! :D

Marksman said:
thats the main problem with russians,they have brain but dont have money to use that brain
:? Every one has brain, even a chicken! :D
Maybe if they invested their money in domestic development, and not on spying superior US, maybe they would go better.................

Uncle_Sam said:
Commanche is undetectable by Infra red! They say F-22 is too :D What are now your infra-red sights going to do! :D

The Infrared signature is reduced. Thats quite a difference, also the Chommanche project was scrapped.

Also you know what he ment by that about the brain.

Actually, i made a mistake, coz there is Helmet Mounted Sight(not infra red). It is not any detection device, but it allows launching missiles at 45 degrees(cone of attack), while western aircraft can launch only at about 20 degrees. This makes new MiGs and SU's superior in close combat.

In long range combat(long range missiles, AMRAAM), hit probability is very low, less than 50%(assuming pilot knows how to do maneuvering). So you can say that Raptor has some advantage because of better radar,but R-77 is better than AMRAAM. In close combat, MiG is superior.
Of course Im talking about situation when pilots have same training.

We're not talking about helos here, but...RAH-66 is a great helicopter, but it is a RECONNISANCE helicopter, it has very litte attack capability, because of it's low payload and internal pylons(ahh, that stealth technology). Also planes rarely engage helicopters because helos are almost invulnerable to AIR-AIR missiles. I'll explain why:

AIR-AIR missile has very high speed(because it is designed to catch up with planes), thus having reatively low manuverability(it cannot spin around and turn around like in movies). In result, evasion is possible. Now, planes are maneuverable than missiles, and they can evade. Helicopters are way too maneuverable, they can change flying direction very fast(the point of evasive maneuvers is to change vector of flight very fast, and then missile cant make such maneuvers, and it misses).

AlexKall said:
Uncle_Sam said:

The Infrared signature is reduced. Thats quite a difference, also the Chommanche project was scrapped.

Also you know what he ment by that about the brain.
Of course I know, but it's not about brains, it's about little bit harder schools, nothing else........................... ;)

THE RUSSIAN HELMET MOUNTED SIGHT IS NOTHING COMPARED TO THE NAVY'S JOINT HELMET CUEING SYSTEM, NOT ONLY DOS IT HAVE THE HUD ON THE HELMET VISOR BUT YOUR CAN LOOK IN ANY DIRECTION AND TARGET MUTIPLE TARGETS AND FIRE AT THEM ANYTIME YOU WANT TO INCLUDING TARGETING WHILE IN INFRARED.

:rambo: :m16shoot:

The best way I can answer this is - Do I want a very large, slightly maneouvrable, slightly stealthy, slightly fast figther? Or do I pick something other then a raptor?

Back