F-18 Hornet....

Damien435

good name choice.

Watching the National Geographic Channel right now, something about the world's predators, they just showed a video where 30 Japanese Hornets attacked a hive of 30,000 European honeybees, the Hornets literally ripped the honeybees to shreds, ate as much of the honey as they could, and flew off with the larva of the honeybees.

This all happened in less than 3 hours.

It's one of the most :cen:ed up things I have ever seen on National Geo and I have been watching that stuff for a long time. Right up there witht he hippo attack they showed right after that one with the bees.

Damien435 said:
good name choice.

Watching the National Geographic Channel right now, something about the world's predators, they just showed a video where 30 Japanese Hornets attacked a hive of 30,000 European honeybees, the Hornets literally ripped the honeybees to shreds, ate as much of the honey as they could, and flew off with the larva of the honeybees.

They were highly trained black Ninja Hornets, obviously.

Boo on the Honey Bees for not being tactically prepared and for not mounting a counter-attack!

Damien435 said:
the Hornets literally ripped the honeybees to shreds, ate as much of the honey as they could, and flew off with the larva of the honeybees.

This all happened in less than 3 hours.

Sounds like my in-laws.:|

I think I saw that same episode. They showed the honey bees on the ground twitching and such. Pretty horrific thing to display on TV for the youngsters even if it is just bees.

I'm having a Dajavu (or what ever its called ;)) this feels like a familiour topic, i want to see this but has still not been able to find it, might be because i dont have the channel heh

It was weird, I just thought it was amazing. It was a perfectly executed strike which resulted in zero casualties and achieved all it's objective. I am currently looking into the possibility of adopting these bees for use against the neighbor's loud music at 3:30 in the :cen:ing morning.

youtube my friend, youtube 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeeslLs-b10

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mseXCMfBlYI&mode=related&search=

I like it when he says, " a few remaining soldiers make their last stand at the entrance". Yes indeed, too many good men lost their lives for a noble cause at this day.. RIP :p

Those Hornets are way bigger and much sturdy. He mentioned that the bees might have killed one or two. The bees dont seem to all gang up on one hornet. I mean , imagine of say atleast 1000 would gang up on one hornet, and 1000 at another, etc..they might of had a better chance imo.
Hey, wasnt there supposed to be a queen or something ? :?

Interesting.. would like to see the hornets attack war ants 8)

Sound the trumpets!

Last edited:
They were highly trained black Ninja Hornets, obviously.

Boo on the Honey Bees for not being tactically prepared and for not mounting a counter-attack!

The commanders reserve wasn't mechanised, so it took too long to mount the counter penetration.

Back