F-15 or F-14?

what plane is better?

• f-15

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • f-14

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
I say the F14, but only because I'm a Navy fan.

Both aircraft served with distinction in their relative services, and both provided extremely important duties. The F-15 was the USAF's premiere air superiority fighter, and the F-14 coupled with the long ranged AIM-54 Phoenix missile was the Navy's first line of defense against a Soviet air attack.

WEll, I vote for F-15. It is a great air craft! BTW, F-14 is not a great aircraft. It is said that an F-14 cannot go into a dogfight as it has too slow a power to do quick turns!

The F-15 is the better pure dogfighter; the F-14 is the better BVR shooter. Take your pick.

BTW, the F-14's dogfighting capability improved dramatically when they ditched the P&W engines for the GE engines.

Well I think, it depends on what role we are specifying and what conditions.

In the AG role the Bombcat vs the F-15E Strike Eagle isnt much of a comparison.

The F-14's AIM-54 Phoenix missile allowed it to engage targets at over 100 miles thats a 5x farther than the AIM-120 mounted on the F-15C. So clearly the BVR award goes to the Tomcat.

However in a knife fight (short range dogfight) I'd say the edge goes to the F-15 as it can turn circles around the lumbering and slower F-14.

So in short, F-15 for normal fighter or strike aircraft, the Tomcat for the interceptor role.

lol, heh, well what I meant mostly is it also depends on what the pilot favours.. if he is good at dogfighting, or best with an f-14 , that kind of thing

:m1:

Well in these almost pointless WS v WS threads its just thought that both pilots are of equal skill.

Back