F-15 or F-14?

what plane is better?

• f-15

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • f-14

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
phoenix80 said:
better in what? Air Combat? Ground Attack? Air superiority?

good questions, but right now I am concentrating at the air battle. Like what if these two planes met each other upstairs :mrgreen:

Tomcat all the way on everything from putting Winders up somone else
tailpipe to slashing from 100km with a Phoenix, slamming Sparrow on to
hopeless ill trained opponet, taking nice pics while still packing heat,
being able to hose opponet with a nasty 20mm cannon and lastly dropping
JDAM's and other gifts that will hurt big time and land on moving airfield at sea.

As Chronoserpent implied, it really depends on the pilot and the general maintenance level of the bird. Neither plane is that much older than the other, and both are presently slated for retirement from the air wings of the US. The F-15 by the F-22, and the F-14 by the F/A-18 and the F-35 STOVL.

I think the F-14 had a great career as a versatile attack fighter, and was a great Air-to-Air bird. It was supersonic and high maneuverability.
The F-15 on the other hand was a truely "fixed-wing" bird, but still an impressive aircraft.

If I had to pick just one, I'd go with the F-14.

Strike Fighter Mafia Goons took a lot of key billets that carried weight
and said the tomcat was no longer need hmmm wait till the Red China gets
there hand enough long range bombers and a lots ASM missles CVBG
commanders will be wishing they had Tomcats on deck loaded with there
long knives mainly AIM-54, Aegis Ticos and Burkes will be overwellmed
in ther jobs besides having worry about Chineses subs trying to take shot
at the flattop so much for saying the Big Cat no longer needed ha Super Bug just don't the chops for defending the fleet.

simple english please

warhappy100 said:
Strike Fighter Mafia Goons took a lot of key billets that carried weight
and said the tomcat was no longer need hmmm wait till the Red China gets
there hand enough long range bombers and a lots ASM missles CVBG
commanders will be wishing they had Tomcats on deck loaded with there
long knives mainly AIM-54, Aegis Ticos and Burkes will be overwellmed
in ther jobs besides having worry about Chineses subs trying to take shot
at the flattop so much for saying the Big Cat no longer needed ha Super Bug just don't the chops for defending the fleet.
Can someone translate this into simple english please?
:eek:

Hes saying that F-14s are needed for fleet defense, saying that the DDGs and CGs would be overwhelmed.

Sea_Cadet said:
Well I say the F-14, but then which one sistill in service, oh yeah that Good Old F-15

Their primary roles are totally different, the service they provide is different and it is not reasonable to compare them

It depends on what you want.
If you want an interceptor, go with the F-14. If you want something a bit more multi role, go with the F-15.

Don't understand why this is an issue, it's combat record speaks for itself (Not to mention export orders) . It's the mighty F-15 that sends the retiring tomcat home with a flea in its ear!

Back