An Eye for an Eye

I am glad Americans can laugh now. For years prior to this years report the US government has touted AI's annual reports each year as a club with which to beat other nations over the head with in regards to their human rights abuses. The findings of AI's yearly reports have been used by the US State Department's Human Rights findings as verification giving their own report legitimacy as being non-politically motivated. Now that they are no longer useful against places like China because they had the audacity to hold the US accountable they are 'laughable'. They may have overstepped the line with comparing Camp Delta to Aushwitz or one of Stalin's gulags, I don't know. I was not in Aushwitz or a gulag and I have not been in Camp Delta. History will judge us long after we are dead.

When Amnesty International starts suggesting this kind of totally ridiculous garbage, I start loosing all respect for them as an organization.

They would have been better off keeping their legitimacy as an organization, instead they go issuing all kinds of ultra-leftist wacko statements. Any support I have for them is out the window, they are looking more and more like a bunch of fringe nutheads. I don't even pay attention anymore when I hear the words "Amnesty International", although I use to.

bulldogg said:
I am glad Americans can laugh now. For years prior to this years report the US government has touted AI's annual reports each year as a club with which to beat other nations over the head with in regards to their human rights abuses. The findings of AI's yearly reports have been used by the US State Department's Human Rights findings as verification giving their own report legitimacy as being non-politically motivated. Now that they are no longer useful against places like China because they had the audacity to hold the US accountable they are 'laughable'. They may have overstepped the line with comparing Camp Delta to Aushwitz or one of Stalin's gulags, I don't know. I was not in Aushwitz or a gulag and I have not been in Camp Delta. History will judge us long after we are dead.

Sorry, I forgot that I had used anything as a club to beat anyone's head with. I've been laughing for years now.
I have never liked Amnesty International nor put any stock in anything they have ever produced/said. I have always felt that they are an overtly politically motivated and vicious group that is not above stretching or fabricating the truth to suit their own agenda, and their effectiveness as an aid/relief/watchdog organization is nearly destroyed as a result of their politics.

And I'm pretty sure history is going to forget most of us. ;)

Redneck said:
bulldogg said:

Sorry, I forgot that I had used anything as a club to beat anyone's head with. I've been laughing for years now.
I have never liked Amnesty International nor put any stock in anything they have ever produced/said. I have always felt that they are an overtly politically motivated and vicious group that is not above stretching or fabricating the truth to suit their own agenda, and their effectiveness as an aid/relief/watchdog organization is nearly destroyed as a result of their politics.

And I'm pretty sure history is going to forget most of us. ;)

Sorry Bossman, I was not aware that you currently work for or had worked for the US State Department.

Redneck said:
...their effectiveness as an aid/relief/watchdog organization is nearly destroyed as a result of their politics.

So true, like I said I use to have some respect for em.

It's ashame, instead of doing what's right and good, they throw it away for the sake venting their political agenda. ...sad and pathetic.

bulldogg said:
Sorry Bossman, I was not aware that you currently work for or had worked for the US State Department.

Oh you know, me and Misazeno, we're pretty spooky. :lol:

I didn't intend to imply that I had, didn't word that too well. My point was that my own opinion has not changed concerning Amnesty International, which your "Americans can laugh now" comment came across as saying.

Back