Extra Rank?

Grimlin

i heard that if you go through jrotc you can enlist in the army as a PFCdoes neone know if this is true i also heard that being an eagle scout will give you an extra rank when you enlist any respnces would be appeciated

if you are joining the USMC and have 2yrs of ROTC then you earned yourself PFC, in the USMC you cannot get E3 w/ ROTC. ive also heard and seen being an eagle scout (not sure how long) earns you PFC. im pretty sure its the same thing in the Army as well.

Except the USMC. I may be wrong, but I understand it to be that the only way you come out of USMC bootcamp as an E-3 is as a Platoon or Company Honor Grad.

Cadet Seaman said:
In CAP if we get our Mitchel we get E-3 in any branch.

You will not recieve E-3 in the Marine Corps. The highest you will get is E-2.

Army, Navy and AF will allow E-3 on intial enlistments if you meet requirements.

RnderSafe said:
Cadet Seaman said:
In CAP if we get our Mitchel we get E-3 in any branch.

You will not recieve E-3 in the Marine Corps. The highest you will get is E-2.

Army, Navy and AF will allow E-3 on intial enlistments if you meet requirements.

Really? Wow.

im in my 2nd year of ROTC and plan to do it for 2 more then join the Marines, does that mean will be a PFC? is there really any benefits between pfc and just plain old p?

Being a Marine PFC (E-2) instead of a Private (E-1) only means you'd be about 6 months ahead of your E-1 buddies in rank and have a couple extra bucks on payday.

Charge 7 said:
Being a Marine PFC (E-2) instead of a Private (E-1) only means you'd be about 6 months ahead of your E-1 buddies in rank and have a couple extra bucks on payday.

yes this is true initially. but me getting pfc means that

1) after 9 mos TIS i get Lance Corporal
2) after 6 mos as a Lance Corporal i am eligible for Corporal.

so if you aren't a PFC out of Boot...
1) 6 months as Pvt
2) 8 months as PFC
3) 6 months as Lance Corporal
4) then elegible for Corporal!!!!!!!!!!

so if you can get PFC contracted do it. it can't hurt nothin. and you also might want to talk to your recruiter about RA (recruiter's assistance) no matter what he or she tells you the recruiter selects for RA not the Marines on the island it isn't a lottery or anything wild like that tell your recruiter that you want it before you leave as part of the agreement and get it in writing no matter how good of a friend he or she is!!!!

Actually it is at a minimum 8 months before you rate a cutting score as a LCpl. Your cutting score is dependant upon many things. It is not automatically assured you will pick up. Then as a Cpl it is a minimum of 12 months before you rate a cutting score to be eligible for Sgt.

I know some Marines that are damned good Marines, they are never in trouble and always respectful etc etc. But it still took them almost three years to pick up Corporal because the cutting score was set so high.

Marinerhodes said:
Actually it is at a minimum 8 months before you rate a cutting score as a LCpl. Your cutting score is dependant upon many things. It is not automatically assured you will pick up. Then as a Cpl it is a minimum of 12 months before you rate a cutting score to be eligible for Sgt.

just for clarification i have to wait nine months for LCpl because you have to have 9 months TIS before picking up LCpl.

and i have heard awful high cutting scores for Cpl but right now i think my MOS is 1384 :twisted: :lol: or something close to that and Sgt is 1759 or something to that nature! so i should have an easy time if it stays like this as long as i know my knowlege!

MilidarUSMC said:
if you are joining the USMC and have 2yrs of ROTC then you earned yourself PFC, in the USMC you cannot get E3 w/ ROTC. ive also heard and seen being an eagle scout (not sure how long) earns you PFC. im pretty sure its the same thing in the Army as well.

is that rotc or junior rotc? just asking because some people just call jrotc rotc. I think its like this...for two years of JROTC, you get one pay grade. For three years of JROTC, you get two stripes. I dont know about acctual ROTC but thats the way it is in AFJROTC at my high school...

They are enlisted ranks. In the US military, enlisted pay grades go from E-1 through E-9.

Back