Excuses for being late/sick

Sevens

Forum Dominatrix
I got a kick out of these. The links to the articles are here, too, in case you want to read the whole thing.

PS PEDDLER!!!! I'm pretty sure late excuse number 8 was you.....:p

http://msn.careerbuilder.com/custom...bmsnhp41535&sc_extcmp=JS_1535_home1&GT1=23000

More than 27 percent of hiring managers say they are skeptical of employees' excuses for showing up late. It turns out their doubt is warranted: 24 percent of all employees decide to make up a fake excuse rather than tell the truth. What does this mean to you? If you're sitting in a traffic jam watching the minutes tick away and you've decided honesty isn't the best policy for you, think of a believable and acceptable reason you're walking in late. After all, if you were a hiring manager who heard any of these 10 real-life excuses for being late, you'd be suspicious, too.

1. While rowing across the river to work, I got lost in the fog.

2. Someone stole all my daffodils.

3. I had to go audition for American Idol.

4. My ex-husband stole my car so I couldn't drive to work.

5. My route to work was shut down by a presidential motorcade.

6. I have transient amnesia and couldn't remember my job.

7. I was indicted for securities fraud this morning.

8. The line was too long at Starbucks.

9. I was trying to get my gun back from the police.

10. I didn't have money for gas because all of the pawnshops were closed.

http://msn.careerbuilder.com/custom...bmsnhp41246&sc_extcmp=JS_1246_home1&GT1=23000

So the next time you call in sick — whether you have the flu or a desire to stay in your pajamas until noon — you can decide if you want to tell the truth or a little white lie. If you choose the latter, here are some of the most unusual excuses bosses revealed.

1. At her sister’s wedding, an employee chipped her tooth on a mint julep, bent over to spit it out, hit her head on a keg and was knocked unconscious.

2. While at a circus, a tiger urinated on the employee’s ear, causing an ear infection.

3. An employee’s dog wasn’t feeling well, so the employee tasted the dog’s food and then got sick.

4. "Someone put LSD in my salad."

5. An employee’s roommate locked all his clothes in a shed for spite.

6. "Stuck on an island – canoe floated away."

7. An employee was upset because his favorite "American Idol" contestant was voted off.

8. "I didn’t think I had to come in if I had time in my vacation bank. I thought I could take it whenever I wanted."

9. An employee said he wasn’t feeling well and wanted to rest up for the company’s holiday party that night.

10. A groundhog bit the employee’s car tire, causing it to go flat.

leprosy. 'Nuff said.

"Sorry boss, can't come to work today, my other arm fell off- You're sorry, I drive stick."

Back