Ex issues

YuriBierazo

Me and my girlfriend of a year broke up about a month ago. She dumped me and a week later got a new boyfriend. She said it just happened which im not sure if this dude is a rebound thing or what but it pissed me off. She attempts to be friends with me and occasionally i think about how it was when we were dating so every once in awhile we catch up. I just deleted her number because i don't need that ho in my life but honestly i don't know what to do with the valentines gift she got me and letters she wrote to me. Iv been considering burning them for a while but another bit of me wants to keep it for memories and im confused on what to do? Any advice?:???:

Me and my girlfriend of a year broke up about a month ago. She dumped me and a week later got a new boyfriend. She said it just happened which im not sure if this dude is a rebound thing or what but it pissed me off. She attempts to be friends with me and occasionally i think about how it was when we were dating so every once in awhile we catch up. I just deleted her number because i don't need that ho in my life but honestly i don't know what to do with the valentines gift she got me and letters she wrote to me. Iv been considering burning them for a while but another bit of me wants to keep it for memories and im confused on what to do? Any advice?:???:

I am sorry to hear this. Why do you want to keep the letters? As a painful memory? Even if you burn them you will remember them, right? You still love this girl so it is still painful when she left you. Do not try to find another girl until you are emotional ready for it, if you do it will not be fair to her and yourself. Things like this are not a game, add this to your experience and you will find someone for you

I am sorry to hear that, friend.

Whether you wish to keep them or throw them- that is your call, buddy. If you wish to to keep them, then I suggest you keep them in a secure area- to be opened when you are with your grandchildren (take a cue form the movie "Hurt Locker"- things that almost kill the guy...)

Move on, buddy. Chalk it up to a lesson learnt. You will meet someone who will appreciate you for what and who you are...

I am a person who believes in one time deal and thats it- no such thing as reruns... but thats me. Whatever you decide, that is your call...

Good luck and best wishes, friend.

A buddy received a Dear John letter when I was in Singapore, he was pretty cut up about it. What he then did was collect as many photographs of girlfriends and wives of the blokes on station, then mailed the lot to his ex girlfriend with a letter saying, "Please take your photograph out and send the rest back to me. Thank you."

He said it made him feel a lot better.

A buddy received a Dear John letter when I was in Singapore, he was pretty cut up about it. What he then did was collect as many photographs of girlfriends and wives of the blokes on station, then mailed the lot to his ex girlfriend with a letter saying, "Please take your photograph out and send the rest back to me. Thank you."

He said it made him feel a lot better.

I did thought of telling him to do that, but the buddy is still having some feeling for the girl.... perhaps something for him to think about- a contingency plan perhaps...:cool:

I did thought of telling him to do that, but the buddy is still having some feeling for the girl.... perhaps something for him to think about- a contingency plan perhaps...:cool:

He might have feelings for the girl, but its obvious that she has moved on/found another bloke. It's life I'm afraid and at times it sucks.

When it happened to me, I took everything I had been given by him and threw it in the garbage. End of story.

She doesn`t deserve you. She`s not the one for you. Hurts as hell, but that`s the cold heart truth. Look, if she loves you and is THE ONE, she wouldn`t even entertain the idea that some other guy might be better for her, let alone request "space" to actually try someone else. The one you LOVE is the best. They have flaws, but you accept those flaws and love them all the same. Once you start comparing them with someone else, or thinking that someone might be better for you, believe me, the love has gone. (I`m talking about true love here, not infatuation etc.) And i won`t be with anyone who has doubts whether they love me. EVER.

Yea i understand i ended up burning it all and it felt amazing. She would drop texts to me randomly checking up on me but i texted her today telling her to just delete my number. No where to go here but up. Thanks to everybody who responded.

Good for you. I’ve been married twice and lived with and dated several other women. My experience is that your ex probably knew the guy she is with longer then you think, the woman usually knows long before the man when it is over.

Getting over it is hard and nothing anyone else can say or do will make it much easier - the best advice I can give you is don’t, and I can’t say it enough, don’t rush into another relationship. Take some time, maybe a lot of time.

Yea i understand i ended up burning it all and it felt amazing. She would drop texts to me randomly checking up on me but i texted her today telling her to just delete my number. No where to go here but up. Thanks to everybody who responded.

Ok, good buddy, you've made a decision. Thats good. life goes on. As I and many others have said, you will find someone sometime later. What you hav gone through- well... chalk it up to bad experience, friend.

What you've shown or indicated to her is that you are ready to move on to other things in life...

And for God sake, please do not even think of joining the French Foreign Legion:roll::roll:

When it happened to me, I took everything I had been given by him and threw it in the garbage. End of story.

YOU WAS DUMPED?????:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

The cad, the swine. He deserves to be slapped repeatedly with a wet kipper, stripped, tied face down, salt rubbed over his bum and then allow goats lick the salt off.

Well, I was not present enough in his life according to him. He knew I was in the army at the time and that the training was time-consuming. But I gave him the time I could even if I was dead tired and just wanted to sleep. I know that I have a strong personality but I will not pretend to bee something I can´t vouch for. What you see is what you get. I´m a woman in a man´s job and I´m not very ladylike when I´m in uniform, but when I´m not at work, then I´m very much female.

YOU WAS DUMPED?????:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

The cad, the swine. He deserves to be slapped repeatedly with a wet kipper, stripped, tied face down, salt rubbed over his bum and then allow goats lick the salt off.

Temper, Opa Brit, Temper...:wink:

Yes, I agree with Opa Brit. The guy must have been a real schmuck to dump you, Freyja...

What's wrong with (semi) submissive brunettes?

I have to agree with everyone here...it's good to move on with a situation like this. And don't be in a hurry to find someone new. Enjoy yourself.

Many times I think things happen for a reason anyway, this is just freeing you for something else, or someone else.

Back