Evidence ruled sufficient in ***** pump case

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-pump24.html

The female airport security guard held the small, black, squeezable rubber object she'd just plucked out of Mardin Amin's backpack, and eyed it suspiciously.

Standing next to his mother, an embarrassed Amin whispered out of one corner of his mouth that it was a "pump" -- as in a ***** pump. The guard misunderstood the Iraqi man and thought she heard the word "bomb," Amin's attorney told a Cook County judge Wednesday.

"He told her it's a pump," attorney Eileen O'Neill-Burke said as a cluster of burly, snickering police officers watched the court proceedings. "He's standing with his mother. Of course he's not going to shout this out."

But after listening to the female guard testify she heard Amin "clearly" say the word bomb during the Aug. 16 incident at O'Hare Airport, Judge Gerald Winiecki decided there was enough evidence for the case to move forward. Amin, 29, is charged with felony disorderly conduct and faces up to three years in prison if convicted.

Hid it from mom
Prosecutors say Amin, who was on his way to Turkey with his mother and two small children last week, twice told security officials that he was carrying a bomb. Only later did he admit he had initially lied about the rubber object's true function because he didn't want his mother to know he was carrying a ***** pump, prosecutors say.

After Wednesday's hearing, a mostly jovial Amin said airport security officials never gave him an opportunity to explain the misunderstanding. And he said he would never utter the word "bomb" while going through security.

'Half of America' uses it
"Come on -- what do you think?" said Amin, who lives in Skokie and works for a janitorial service.
Amin may not want his mother to know he has a ***** pump, but he said he doesn't consider it an unusual device to own.

"It's normal," he said. "Half of America they use it." Amin is due back in court Sept. 13.
[/FONT]

So his case was big enough... his case holds air... he'll have a hard time getting out of this one... in case he starts to feel down his attorney should pump him up before they go to court... one in the hand is better than two in the carry on... say it loud, say it proud or you'll end up in court... I wonder what his mom ejaculated when he was arrested... all this over such a little thing... :)

Rabs said:
This is stupid, let the guy go.

I dont know about stupid but its is funny.

However if he did say he was carrying a bomb then I support the security guys and gals as someone that spends a lot of time on aircraft I am a huge fan of the security measures.

Lets face it I cant think of an airport anywhere that doesnt have signs up says "dont joke about having a bomb it will land you in jail"

Security: What's this?
Idiot: My ***** pump.
Security: Does it work?
Idiot: Dude, its the bomb.
Security: You have the right to remain silent...

bulldogg said:
Security: What's this?
Idiot: My ***** pump.
Security: Does it work?
Idiot: Dude, its the bomb.
Security: You have the right to remain silent...

Like I said I probably would have been too busy laughing to arrest the guy BUT there are enough signs on your way through security saying "we dont find the use of the word bomb in any context funny and using it will result in your arrest" for me to know that it probably isnt a good idea to use the word bomb to a security person.

I accept he probably should have been questioned, fined, laughed at again and released but I am happy with the fact that airport security take their jobs seriously.

Back