Evernham says Sadler talks started in July




 
--
 
August 18th, 2006  
Team Infidel
 
 

Topic: Evernham says Sadler talks started in July


Team owner Ray Evernham says that talks with Elliott Sadler began in July, but at that time they centered around a potential fourth Nextel Cup team. Sadler, who drove for Robert Yates Racing through last Sunday's AMD at the Glen, confirmed Wednesday that he would drive Evernham Motorsports' #19 Dodge the remainder of this season. "He was under contract with Yates, and we didn't have a place to put him at that time, so we initially started looking at what we could do in the future with our fourth program," Evernham said in a national teleconference. Evernham pointed out the team's top goal is returning to the top 35 in owner points. Sadler must qualify for the race based on speed this weekend at Michigan International Speedway. Evernham's other two teams, with drivers Kasey Kahne and Scott Riggs, are locked into the field for the GFS Marketplace 400. To help get ready for the event, Sadler and his new team tested together at Kentucky Speedway earlier this week. They're working on the other area that Evernham sees as needing improvement for the team.(SceneDaily.com)
 


Similar Topics
It's official: Sadler named driver of No. 19 Dodge
Evernham fires Mayfield
Bickering mars first day of Iraq reconciliation talks
N.Korea 6-party talks to start July 26-Seoul (Reuters)
U.S. wants progress from N. Korea in July 25 talks (Reuters