Ever played american football?

View Poll Results :American Football anyone?
yes 17 62.96%
no 10 37.04%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

April 15th, 2005  
WarMachine

Topic: Ever played american football?

Just wanna know if a lot of football players are out there. And, if you do, post which team.
April 15th, 2005  
behemoth79

do i play? yes
which team? yours. Nov 12, 2005
April 16th, 2005  
Vitaly

As my coach put it, "Real men play golf during football season"
--
Boots
April 16th, 2005  
Kenty

Nope- us Brits play Rugby instead
April 16th, 2005  
AlexKall

There is a small "back stage" american football. I have tried playing american football but didn't like it. Rugby is alot better in my opinion. But the main scean is football (soccer)
April 17th, 2005  
Kenty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKall
But the main scean is football (soccer)
Yeah- REAL football. I've never understood why American football is called "football"

You have your hands on the ball...
April 17th, 2005  
WarMachine

Probably has to do with the kicking and running aspect of it. I think the name should be changed to something that suits it better, like Painball or Bloodball. And the superbowl would be renamed the tournament of the shadows because the plays are so damn sneaky.
April 17th, 2005  
Shadowalker

I watched the superbowl, i didnt realise before that it is very stop start, doesnt seem as intense as rugby, where its much more flowing. I got bored thanks to an advert every 5min.
April 17th, 2005  
CABAL

American Football seems quite interesting in terms of strategy, team coordination, but it doesn't give this constant adrenaline rush from most of the sports I've played in.
April 17th, 2005  
Shadowalker

Yeah the strategys are very interesting but there was no excitement for me. Was amused watching the teams posing in the video line ups.