Ever played american football? - Page 4

View Poll Results :American Football anyone?
yes 17 62.96%
no 10 37.04%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

August 5th, 2005  
LIPS

Never played gridiron but have seen it on TV. Iam a big AFL fan and did play when I was in high school. Now I like to watch and kick the footy with my kids. You would be suprised how well my other half can kick. She has got a good boot on her.
August 5th, 2005  
behemoth79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeEnfield
American football is rather like Rugby but the Americans wear a lot padding.
But most linemen are well over six feet and weigh between 275 lbs and 325 lbs. There are a few that push 400 lbs and the scary part is they are relatively quick for a short run.
warren sapp in his prime weighed 300+ and ran a 4.6 40. thats insane. (that means he ran 40 yards in 4.6 seconds. in case you didnt know what 4.6 40 meant)

i think the game needs a name change. lets call it gridiron.
August 5th, 2005  
Locke

thats right, damned NFL stole Darren Bennett from the Deomns
and we needed him too
--
Boots
August 7th, 2005  
LIPS

Id say you need him with their current form Sep time is well and truely gone for the Demons.
August 7th, 2005  
Locke

dude, dont get me started, im on the verge of tears already!!!
first the demons, now the cricket. the only good thing is that we won our 1st netball match of the season, tho i may have done soemthing to my nose after getting elbowed. booha!!!
August 8th, 2005  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishone
Never even seen an american football game but Im a big rugby fan I only lasted for a week playing though...some of those girls are huge
Well if you do decide to go to amercian football game I strongly recommend going to game with two of the better teams, I went to an Arizona Cardinals, Jets match and man was it a tedious pile of horse manure but I followed that up last xmas with a Greenbay Packers/Raiders game and it was a totally different experience.