Ever played american football?

American Football anyone?

• Total voters
LeEnfield said:
American football is rather like Rugby but the Americans wear a lot padding.

But most linemen are well over six feet and weigh between 275 lbs and 325 lbs. There are a few that push 400 lbs and the scary part is they are relatively quick for a short run.

I think football is friggin awesome. In Texas all the guys who play at my school are studs, and all the athletes get cool privliges. Pep rallies, drum lines, personal uniforms to wear during class on game day. High school football where I live is like a religion to the players and parents, no matter how good you are, and the stadium is always packed on Friday nights.

It is the most intense sport I think. We practice in 100+ degree heat during the pre and regular season. If we're lucky this year Varsity might stretch the season from August 1st to late December. Goin to state 05' :cowb:

I played "American" Football in High School. I played Offensive Line and Outside Linebacker...

I had the opportunity to play at a small college - but I passed on it for many reasons...

Never even seen an american football game but Im a big rugby fan :) I only lasted for a week playing though...some of those girls are huge

Someone told me it takes leather balls to play rugby. But then I've never seen it played without one. :)

babyboy4u363 said:
Shadowalker said:
I watched the superbowl, i didnt realise before that it is very stop start, doesnt seem as intense as rugby..

Rugby union yeah, its more like rugby league

Yea much more like rugby league. Rugby union is my preffered code as its what i used to play (may carry on depending on uni) rugby league ive mainly played only in training but it does improve your defence.

Never played gridiron but have seen it on TV. Iam a big AFL fan and did play when I was in high school. Now I like to watch and kick the footy with my kids. You would be suprised how well my other half can kick. She has got a good boot on her.

Missileer said:
LeEnfield said:
American football is rather like Rugby but the Americans wear a lot padding.

But most linemen are well over six feet and weigh between 275 lbs and 325 lbs. There are a few that push 400 lbs and the scary part is they are relatively quick for a short run.

warren sapp in his prime weighed 300+ and ran a 4.6 40. thats insane. (that means he ran 40 yards in 4.6 seconds. in case you didnt know what 4.6 40 meant)

i think the game needs a name change. lets call it gridiron.

Id say you need him with their current form Sep time is well and truely gone for the Demons.

dude, dont get me started, im on the verge of tears already!!!
first the demons, now the cricket. the only good thing is that we won our 1st netball match of the season, tho i may have done soemthing to my nose after getting elbowed. booha!!!

Irishone said:
Never even seen an american football game but Im a big rugby fan :) I only lasted for a week playing though...some of those girls are huge

Well if you do decide to go to amercian football game I strongly recommend going to game with two of the better teams, I went to an Arizona Cardinals, Jets match and man was it a tedious pile of horse manure but I followed that up last xmas with a Greenbay Packers/Raiders game and it was a totally different experience.

Back