Ever Lick a 9v Battery?

babyboy4u363 said:
ohhh cheite, i forgot about conductivity, its all resistivity lol, damn. pwnt again. hmm il let you win this time... mainly cos ur right...... lol thx for the compliment tho ^_^ i guess ya just cant beat experience huh.

You can always prove an unknown with practicality. Take your Fluke 87 and put it on the ohms scale and touch the leads to your tongue about the same distance of the potential spacing and simply read the meter. By the way don't go too deep into physics unless you're prepared to dedicate your life to living from one grant to another. It sucks big time. IMHO.

heh well i wouldnt worry too much about that, i drop physics next year along with advanced mathematics, but dont worry! im keepin music :p

babyboy4u363 said:
heh well i wouldnt worry too much about that, i drop physics next year along with advanced mathematics, but dont worry! im keepin music :p

If you can do something you enjoy and make enough money to satisfy yourself, then you will be happy. If you take a job or career path that you consider drudgery, you'll die an early death.

Missileer said:
If you can do something you enjoy and make enough money to satisfy yourself, then you will be happy. If you take a job or career path that you consider drudgery, you'll die an early death.

GO AIRCREW!!!

why the hell would you do that?! lol I got a shock off a jet about 7 weeks ago , we were told so many times in class 'ya static elect can hurt now so dont touch it'....but of course i had to give it a go 2 f18's had landed and i was having a look got a shock and was thrown back a few feet ripped all the ligaments in elbow. So no do not mess with electricity kiddies :p

FutureRANGER said:
Ever licked a 9 volt battery? No sweat right, just a little shock. I was bored in class today and wondered what would happen if I put the 9 volt battery to my braces. :idea:

I can't even describe what happened. I was fumbling around trying to get it aligned with my braces. I didn't feel anything so I figured braces aren't conductive. Then all over a sudden this huge surge of electricy goes charging through my head. I felt it in my temples, like someone wacked me as hard as he could with a metal baseball bat. I literally jumped in my chair. My perephial vision flashed white for a couple of seconds, and my vision in the middle went black, almost like I could see the electricity. Then it slowy faded back on. This huge ringing 'thud' pounded into my ears. It slowly faded and I could hear again.

Never ever ever put a battery to your braces. Ever.

I was wondering why exactly it had such a terribly strong reaction with my braces but not with my tongue. And how did it go through my head?

AND YES I KNOW IT WAS A STUPID THING TO DO!!!!!!!!

Next time you do this (cos lets face it you most likely will) get one of your mates to video it and then post it here just for our veiwing pleasure.

hahahahahahahahahahaha. so the other night im on the phone with the BF and hes bored cuz hes in pensacola for aviation stuff for marines, well he licks the battery well were on the phone. and im all omg idiot lol but i love you anyways, well wierd cuz id never even heard of licking a battery i mean really, then this topic shows up. wierd lol.

PROUDsisOFaUSmarine said:
hahahahahahahahahahaha. so the other night im on the phone with the BF and hes bored cuz hes in pensacola for aviation stuff for marines, well he licks the battery well were on the phone. and im all omg idiot lol but i love you anyways, well wierd cuz id never even heard of licking a battery i mean really, then this topic shows up. wierd lol.

Yeah, tastes like chicken.

babyboy4u363 said:

Just waiting for my A2 results, got an E AS maths last year and C AS Physics, werent my strong subjects. Lighting a magnesium strip in a completely dark room is not a good idea, i swear i was still seeing stars for hours.

I dont know about a battery but discharging a capacitor across any part of your body is not a good idea (trust me i know :shock: )

Shadowalker said:
babyboy4u363 said:

Just waiting for my A2 results, got an E AS maths last year and C AS Physics, werent my strong subjects. Lighting a magnesium strip in a completely dark room is not a good idea, i swear i was still seeing stars for hours.

I dont know about a battery but discharging a capacitor across any part of your body is not a good idea (trust me i know :shock: )

I can remember when charging up a huge cap and tossing it to some one was considered fun. Now it's horseplay and against the rules. :(

Its fun especially when they arent expecting it but know people with a low pain threshold who didnt appreciate it

This is along the same lines but is still :eek:fftopic: When I was working on the Sidewinder project in `66, the power supply was small but heavy because back then we didn't have switch mode power supplies and it was full of magnetics. I found an empty shell used for fit purposes and carried it like it was normal weight. I caught my first victim's attention and said "here catch." It left his hands and hit the ceiling. I thought that was rather humorous but my Supervisor didn't. :(

FutureRANGER said:
Ever licked a 9 volt battery? No sweat right, just a little shock. I was bored in class today and wondered what would happen if I put the 9 volt battery to my braces. :idea:

I can't even describe what happened. I was fumbling around trying to get it aligned with my braces. I didn't feel anything so I figured braces aren't conductive. Then all over a sudden this huge surge of electricy goes charging through my head. I felt it in my temples, like someone wacked me as hard as he could with a metal baseball bat. I literally jumped in my chair. My perephial vision flashed white for a couple of seconds, and my vision in the middle went black, almost like I could see the electricity. Then it slowy faded back on. This huge ringing 'thud' pounded into my ears. It slowly faded and I could hear again.

Never ever ever put a battery to your braces. Ever.

I was wondering why exactly it had such a terribly strong reaction with my braces but not with my tongue. And how did it go through my head?

AND YES I KNOW IT WAS A STUPID THING TO DO!!!!!!!!

And to think if you died you could have won a Darwin Award :p

Mmmmmm....

9V tastes like hamburger!

Did it as a kid with the braces. Never again will I do it. But hey, that's what being a kid is all about.

well i don't have braces, so i can't say i've tried that. although back in H.S., i was always texting my friends with my cell phone. (Pretty much the normal day) and I had it on vibrate, so the teacher couldn't hear when I got a message. Well, I'd always stuck it under my leg, whenever the teacher would walk past. But this day, I didn't see her coming until it was almost too late, so I kinda threw it between my legs and crossed them. Suffice to say, my friend chose that EXACT time to text me despite the look I was giving her from across the room, and the phone vibrated. I screeched and jumped out of my seat at the unexpected feeling. And no one will ever let me forget that day nor believe that it was completely INNOCENT. :lol:

Well a 9v battery on your braces could still qualify you for the Darwin awards even if you didn't die :D
What next, car battery cables on your ... never mind :shock:

Back