Even before any 'Brexit' vote, UK losing sway in Europe

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
By Paul Taylor BRUSSELS (Reuters) - After decades of punching above its weight in Europe, Britain's influence in the European Union is waning, even before we know whether a promised referendum on "Brexit" will go ahead. London's partners are keen to keep Britain in the 28-nation bloc, but not at any price.

More...

UK should pull out of the EU, it costs UK mega millions a year to prop up other countries and gets bugger all out of it.

When there was a referendum years ago which put UK into the EU, only one person admitted he voted yes to join, the rest said a resounding NO. I still say the vote was fiddled.

I hope Cameron has the guts to hold another referendum.

UK's influence has been going down the tube since the end of WWII today they have very little credibility they have a lot of trouble accepting that , today the Big three are the U.S. China and Russia with India knocking on the door .:hide:

The United Kingdom may now be a second-rate power, but the London's unparalleled legacy as a global financial capital still underpins its pre-eminence.

We have one of the fastest growing economies in Europe, plus for its size, we still have one of the best voluntary enlisted armed forces in the world.

The territorial army units are second to none. Most are ex regular with years of experience.

Its a pity government isnt the same. Lions controlled by weak kneed bunny hugging lefties

The Empire where the Sun never sets is long gone but the Brits in some cases left a pretty good legacy .

Again, I am highly surprised at tetvets post as he is so anti British

I'm glad the empire has gone to be honest, the down side we lost a lot of brilliant oversea's postings.

Believe it or not, many Brits have got Irish blood in their veins, me included.

The Scots can celebrate St Andrews Day,
The Welsh St Davids Day,
The Irish St Patricks Day
Yet if the English celebrate St Georges Day its racist.

Last edited:
Back