Europeans overwhelmingly prefer Obama

Not very surprising but this Gallup poll found

Europeans favour Obama to McCain more than 6 to 1

Most Europeans disapprove of the job performance of the present leadership of the US

80% of UK citizens believe the US election will make a difference to their country

http://www.gallup.com/poll/111127/Europeans-Perceive-Stake-US-Election.aspx

Will any kind American let me have a proxy vote? :mrgreen:

Hehe well here is the New Zealand view on it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MANY NEW ZEALANDERS INTERESTED IN US ELECTION

3 November 2008
http://www.nznewsuk.co.uk/news/?ID=13678#leave-comments

US ELECTION: Obama or McCain rather than Key or Clark is the question on many New Zealanders lips, according to a recent survey.
Research New Zealand polling released on Monday showed 14 percent of New Zealanders were more interested in the United States presidential election than the New Zealand general election.
A further 13 percent said they were just as interested in the presidential race as the New Zealand election.
Research New Zealand director Emanuel Kalafatelis said while 61 percent of those polled were most interested in the election at home, the drama of the US election had caught the attention of a significant number of New Zealanders.
Both elections are looming with Americans heading to the poll booths on Tuesday and New Zealanders on Saturday.
Nine percent of those polled said they were not interested in either election and three percent said they did not know.
Research New Zealand polled 500 people with a margin of error of plus or minus 4.5 percent.
- NZPA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the whole I think it shows we really don't care a whole lot about elections neither our own nor anyone elses.

Well, it's an American election. I'm sure North Korea has a great opinion about who they want as South Korean President. But we shouldn't really care. And neither should Americans care about who people from another country want as their President. They should pick whoever they feel is best for their country. In this instance I think many Americans would agree with the Europeans.

Last edited:
The thing being, that whatever happens in the USA will affect the lives of so many persons in other countries.

People are talking about it here at work...I have only found one McCain supporter.

It is America's choice, however its the entire world thats impacted so it not surprising that most people have a vested interest in the results.

Back