European Federation

I think that might be the whole idea. I believe one of the major idea's of the EU is to keep the countries together and to keep the flow of trade going. I think the whole idea is to make Europe a much more united continent. It would be very valuable to the US!

:9mm: US under attack.

:salute2: EU comes to the rescue.

:avi: Americans happy.

:biggun: We show them who's boss!

he he.

After our current president gets done that might just well be the case.

Well actually yes. Although a few of the big superpowers, like Britain, do have alot of their own equipment is made up of American equipment. Not only that but a majority of all the smaller countries such as Romania and in other continents like Iraq will rely on American and British equipment. This is why I sort of laugh when we go to war with them because the equipment they use are equipment we invented so we know them inside and out. lol.

britian not exactly a superpower....

I think that might be the whole idea. I believe one of the major idea's of the EU is to keep the countries together and to keep the flow of trade going. I think the whole idea is to make Europe a much more united continent. It would be very valuable to the US!

:9mm: US under attack.

:salute2: EU comes to the rescue.

:avi: Americans happy.

:biggun: We show them who's boss!

he he.

Yeah i think its a great partnership, Russia or China would never attack either of us, so we can all live in relative peace and forget about another global war. I just hope the economical situation doesn't worsen EU relations with each other, Ive heard that some nations are going at each other over energy costs.

Politically Europe's polices aren't general our thing, but as long as its a democracy why should we mind what they want to do with themselves? To each his own ideals and values id say.

I think a unified Europe, and having a strong friendship between us and them is one of the best things that could be.

But sadly to be honest, i feel rather distant- im always reading people slam us over the internet as if they hate our guts. Thats really hurtful,

Last edited:
I think it could have problems if you put the Italians in charge of the military, the English in charge of the messes and the Germans in charge of the world domination plans.

britian not exactly a superpower....

You've got to be kiddin me! Of course we're a superpower! Not as big as America but I believe we're second biggest?

Britney said:
Yeah i think its a great partnership, Russia or China would never attack either of us, so we can all live in relative peace and forget about another global war. I just hope the economical situation doesn't worsen EU relations with each other, Ive heard that some nations are going at each other over energy costs.

Politically Europe's polices aren't general our thing, but as long as its a democracy why should we mind what they want to do with themselves? To each his own ideals and values id say.

I think a unified Europe, and having a strong friendship between us and them is one of the best things that could be.

But sadly to be honest, i feel rather distant- im always reading people slam us over the internet as if they hate our guts. Thats really hurtful,

Oh that's defenatley true. A unified Europe with good trade running could defenatley benefit the US. The only thing that's ruining it at the mo is the Afghan war because most Eastern nations hate it but Britain refuse to leave it.

I guess we could say exactly the same thing about America's policies. not everyone in Britain agrees to them. lol. But as you said, that's how democracy works.

Yeah the EU will defenatley benefit the US in many ways. I mean, we created the Eurofighter Typhoon together and that's one of the best planes out there. And yes many people do slam you over the internet and in our political debates and at the minute just for the Afghan war. This is only because some of the public in Britain believe the US dragged us in, which I don't believe is entirely fair as well as hardly true.

Certainly a unified Europe would benefit the US greatly, well at least as long as interests remain relatively convergent, with room for diplomacy.

Certainly the (friendly)competition with building the better fighter jet, the better spaceship, the better mousetrap, etc would be excellent!

I'm still distrustful of an unelected power elite, controlling regular democracies, by representing them and dictating policy to them, this is just wrong.

As an ideal, the EU has many things going for it, as a reality I think that these plusses have been more than balanced by the negatives, but the burgeoning EU bureaucracy is still growing, where else would the ethics commissioner be sacked for doing her job? But back to the main point.

I don't think that the EU signals the end of NATO as it doesn't have the unity, willpower or political ability to do so, but it could become a mightily attractive 51st state eventually!

Just kidding, as a Brit I'm proud of my country, its military and their traditions and do not want to see them watered down into some euro wide, pc mush, which provides no character, history or ethos - then again the GB govt seems to be doing well enough at this on its own.

I'm still distrustful of an unelected power elite, controlling regular democracies, by representing them and dictating policy to them, this is just wrong.

As an ideal, the EU has many things going for it, as a reality I think that these plusses have been more than balanced by the negatives, but the burgeoning EU bureaucracy is still growing, where else would the ethics commissioner be sacked for doing her job? But back to the main point.

I don't think that the EU signals the end of NATO as it doesn't have the unity, willpower or political ability to do so, but it could become a mightily attractive 51st state eventually!

Just kidding, as a Brit I'm proud of my country, its military and their traditions and do not want to see them watered down into some euro wide, pc mush, which provides no character, history or ethos - then again the GB govt seems to be doing well enough at this on its own.

Hmmmmmm. I will defenatley agree that NATO wont end due to the EU. I mean, Europe needs America as much as America needs Europe. And I feel the only countries at risk of having their culture changed are the smaller countries with little power but provided that none of the big powers, like Britain, turn facist or whatever we should be fine. But I may have to disagree with your theory on the reality. I personally feel it;s working rather well the only downside I can personally see at the minute, and remember I am just finishing my compulsory education, is that Britain is being swamped by immigrants. But really I think the EU is fine.

I got ya beat, I'm distrustful of elected officials in general :)

Well, most our major technology is provided by ourselves. An EU army would be the end of NATO, one the reasons the Feds are pushing so hard is to challenge US power. Its a relic of the Cold war. everyboys being so nice and PC, sorry. I actually quite like the US.

NATO should have been disbanded in the early 90's. Its sole purpose for existance is gone.

But of course, seeing as Cyprus now has a leftist government, they pose a great threat to the peace loving world and NATO must plan its invasion on Cyprus effective immediately.

Well, most our major technology is provided by ourselves. An EU army would be the end of NATO, one the reasons the Feds are pushing so hard is to challenge US power. Its a relic of the Cold war. everyboys being so nice and PC, sorry. I actually quite like the US.
"An EU army would be the end of NATO"
How do you figure that? Are the European countries going to be more willing to work together if the Army is called EU instead of NATO?
History says no.
The US was reluctant to join NATO in the first place. Learn some history.

"Feds are pushing so hard is to challenge US power."
They are doing nothing of the sort. They have neither a source of income or a desire to spend the money it would take to challenge US power.

European countries are not stupid. Why would they need to challenge US Power at all. Macho pride?

NATO should have been disbanded in the early 90's. Its sole purpose for existance is gone.

But of course, seeing as Cyprus now has a leftist government, they pose a great threat to the peace loving world and NATO must plan its invasion on Cyprus effective immediately.

Invade Cyprus? wouldn't that be like invading 7/11?

"An EU army would be the end of NATO"
How do you figure that? Are the European countries going to be more willing to work together if the Army is called EU instead of NATO?
History says no.
The US was reluctant to join NATO in the first place. Learn some history.

"Feds are pushing so hard is to challenge US power."
They are doing nothing of the sort. They have neither a source of income or a desire to spend the money it would take to challenge US power.

European countries are not stupid. Why would they need to challenge US Power at all. Macho pride?

I am with you all the way with that comment!

Back