Europe vs. Russia, who will win2?

Your rating, 5 being the best. (see first post also)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Damien435

Mod Edit: Check your PMs

After the Russians defeated the Germans and captured Berlin the Germans set up a last defense on the western shore of the Rhine between Düsseldorf and Cologne. Meanwhile the Ukrainians have defeated the Greek Army and are pushing towards Athens, Russia was forced to move around the Czech Republic and Austria since they had heavily defended mountain positions. So here I continue with the story.....

Russia, after defeating the remaining troops in Berlin started moving towards the remaining German defenders near Düsseldorf. By now they were down to about 258,000 troops and 15,000 tanks, their air force and navy had not been used much, the air force was used in the attack on Germany and they lost quite a few planes then and the Navy launched several missiles against German positions, but other than that they had seen very little action since the beginning of the war.

Finally the Russians reached the Rhine, instead of attacking the Germans head on like they had before, 4 Infantry Divisions and one Armored Division crossed at a point about 27 miles north of Düsseldorf, after one whole infantry division and about 1/3 of the tanks and APC's from the Armored Division had crossed the Rhine the Russians were attacked by F-16's from the Belgian Air Force. The temporary crossings the Russians had been using were destroyed, about 80 tanks were destroyed and thousands of troops were killed, most importantly the Germans and the rest of Europe now knew what the Russians were trying to do. The Russian Air Force then launched a counter-strike against Belgium, bombing several of Belgium’s largest Air Bases other key military bases. Several hours later the French Air Force launched an attack against the Russian Forces that were attempting to cross the Rhine which was soon followed by another wave of French planes and then not long after the last of the French planes left the French Army attacked, they overwhelmed the Russian Forces already on the Western Bank of the Rhine. Then the French Artillery started pounding the Russian troops on the eastern bank, they were forced to retreat away from the river and out of the range of the French guns.

After this defeat the Russians changed their plans. One week later the Russians launched a massive attack on The Netherlands, the Dutch put up a fight but it did little than stall the Russians long enough for the heads of the Government to escape across the English Channel into the United Kingdom. The country was very quickly over run by the Russian forces. The Russians didn’t even stop; they kept going and smashed through the Belgian Defenses.

After Belgium was defeated the Russian forces stopped at the French border to rest and regroup. The Russian Navy moved into the North Sea, they were to engage and destroy the Royal Navy so the British could no longer. Help in the defense of Continental Europe. The Russians were caught by surprise when the British attacked, the RAF and Royal Navy worked together in attacking the Russian Fleet. The two fleets went at it for 3 days, launching missiles and plains at each other. Finally the Russian Fleet was forced to withdraw from the North Sea, the Royal Navy however took heavy losses and would be limited to use near Britain since many of their supply ships, long range plains, and capital ships had been knocked out.

Following the defeat to the Royal Navy the Russians shifted their plans. 7 months after the war started Russia invaded France through Belgium, the French forces with help from the RAF were able to put up a stiff resistance, but they were eventually forced back after constant bombardment from Russian artillery and some help from the Russian Air Force. Russia also renewed the attack against the last of the Germans still holding out along the Rhine. The demoralized and exhausted German troops were quickly overrun after about 3 days of fighting the last of the German troops surrendered to the Russians. This left the Russians with a weakly defended path into France and to Russia. The French, whose plan relied heavily on the Germans being able to hold out against Russians long enough for the French to defeat the Russians in Belgium.

I will continue this in a later post.

Im with you Damien435 :D

Still better then Red Storm Rising :lol:

This is a great warstory!

Still more interesting then a repeat transmission Band Of Brothers :D

Sick and Tired on WW2 movies! :lol:

Any movie makers out here? Read and Make a movie without to much animations! I want to see honourable real explosions and no disney!

Cheers:
Doc.S

:viking:

Sorry guys, I will be going on vacation for two weeks, it wont be till after I get back that I can post a reply.

I hope to have fun during my vacation, I will spend a week at my aunt and uncle's lake cabin in northern Minnesota, then I drive down to Kansas to stay with my dad for a week.

This might be the last time that I get to go to the lake, next year I will be in basic and then I am supposedly off to europe, but most likely I will be going to Iraq, nont that I have a problem with that, I believe in a draft, our country gives us so much, their is nothing wrong with us giving something back. So, anyways, it will be a couple of weeks before I can post the finally, sorry guys, I will try to make it worth the wait.

Damien435 said:
Sorry guys, I will be going on vacation for two weeks, it wont be till after I get back that I can post a reply.

I hope to have fun during my vacation, I will spend a week at my aunt and uncle's lake cabin in northern Minnesota, then I drive down to Kansas to stay with my dad for a week.

This might be the last time that I get to go to the lake, next year I will be in basic and then I am supposedly off to europe, but most likely I will be going to Iraq, nont that I have a problem with that, I believe in a draft, our country gives us so much, their is nothing wrong with us giving something back. So, anyways, it will be a couple of weeks before I can post the finally, sorry guys, I will try to make it worth the wait.

It's okay.. Hmm.. you are quite a patriot.. ;)
Are you prepared for the psychological stress of the basic training?
They are going to make the recruits have a hellish time.. for 3 months
But I'm sure you're more than up to it. 8)

Loved the post but as long as it might be over (good luck at basic Damien!) I just wanted to pipe in to switch from fiction to education:

Since DeGaulle kicked the US forces out of France in 66 and withdrew from NATO military command, France relied on its independent nuclear deterrence to avoid this kind of scenario involving a powerful military power (Russia) invading western Europe.
That is why the Germans, early on, invited the French to leave their former occupation units in Germany, as guests: they knew that in case of an assault by the Warsaw Pact, France would be an asset because directly concerned by the outcome of the war.
Nato forces formed the first line of the German defense and French forces were part of the second lines but not under NATO direct command....as an ally!
It was in the best German interests to invite the French and their nukes, just in case the US would have decided that Western Europe was not worth a nuclear war prior to withdrawing across the Atlantic.
It was in the best French interest to be able to fight a possible invasion of France from another country.
France had strategic and tactical nukes and actually, in the eighties, the Germans realized that if France was to launch its tactical rockets (Pluton), it would crystallize most of western Germany. So France was asked to increase the range of the missiles from short to medium, thus extending the potential tactical strike over Poland. Eventually, the whole tactical strike was dumped and the Pluton dismantled.
Would France use its nukes against a powerful enemy about to overrun its defense?
One will never know until trying....and that is what deterrence is all about!!
One sure thing is France made it clear that nukes would be used to retaliate against nukes or NBC weapons!
Nota: despite not officially being part of the integrated Nato command, France has always been part of it, sitting at meetings and participating at exercises. French LRRPS were (are) supposed to be inserted behind the Warsaw pact 1st echelon to gather intel on the 2nd echelon in order to find out the main thrust and facilitate its destruction with whatever could be summoned!!!
Contrarily to most other European countries, France can often disagree with America thanks to that independence provided by its nuke. That is why historically, France has been the best and worse ally of the US.

Finally, about 1000 French troops and vehicles just left the East Coast after one month of major training with USMC and British marines at and around Camp Lejeune, in Florida!!!

Don't listen to everything you hear about a new cold war btwn France and the US....IT IS A MEDIA WET DREAM!!!

Nice sorry but a nuclear war would have resulted.

The French are OK. They did help American Colonies during the War of Independence.

Enjoy your training Damien. Best of luck.

John.

First off, let me say this, nobody wins in a nuclear war. My little story is dependant on the FUTURE leaders of the world realising this and deciding that better to lose millions in a conventional war than billions in a nuclear war. I never claimed to be an expert on the subject, that was the very first thing I said in the first post, this is purely my opinion, I am not that good of a writer and I have not heavily researched the subject. This is purely from watching the hisory channel, alot, and following the same basic story line (Russia invaded a divided Europe) and put my own twists on it.

This is by no means a perfect story and it is not a masterpiece of modern literature, keep in mind, this is just my opinion, I have pitched this story before and I have met some very heavy citicism, like I am starting to get now.

Nuclear weapons kill all, mothers, children, grandparents and soldiers alike. I can not imagine anything like this so hence I can not write about something like that, it is to disturbing and I refuse to do it.

Anyways, I am back for one day before I go down to Kansas and will once again be unable to access this site.

And about basic training, I think I am ready for that, I play Football, Basketball, and Baseball, I have been told by other people that joined the armed forces that they trained harder for High School sports than they did in the military, so I feel that I am pretty well prepared for basic. I did have quite the realisation while at my Aunts though that should the worse happen that may be the last time I ever see Leech Lake and that shook me up quite a bit, but once I got ovet that thought I was able to enjoy the first half of my vacaton.

Back