Europe anti-Ballistic Missile hield (ABM shield)

sorry my finger slipped before i could post everything.

Russia Says there is no guarantee that its not pointed at them, and to me that makes since, it is on their border and in the Black sea for the ship based interceptors. But NATO says its to counter threats from Iran.

heres a nice article http://www.itar-tass.com/c154/200288.html

I read Russia is designing and testing a new bulava missile to counter this shield. Russia says it could spark a new arms race to beat the shield and when the shield catches up to re-beat it... Russia just wants to keep their nuclear deterrence, not that they want to use the nukes. What do you think this its fair for only one country/NATO to have the ballistic missile threat, and noone else. I mean the USA is the only one to have used a nuke in any circumstance so far, why should we trust the USA/NATO to be the only ones with the ability to use Nukes.

I thought it was a symbol that was unnessary for the ballistic missile shiel to be placed in Poland. Right next to the Russian border!! Knowing how sensative the Russians are about their old USSR border, it didn't do anything to help the world peace situation, now.
If tensions get high, what will the USA do if the Russians send cruise missiles to Poland to knock out the missile, send protest letters? Or possibly, do as much as England and France did when Germany and later the USSR invaded Poland.
Are any European countries paying for this missile shield America is providing for them? Will the USN keep an aegis ship in the Aegean, Adriatic or Ionian Seas? Putting an aegis ship in the Black Sea will be as welcome as Russia stationing a major warship in the Gulf of Mexico between near the Strait of Florida!

I have a neat idea, why don't the Europeans use their SMART-L (aegis type) shipboard defense system. The Europeans state their SMART-L system is as good as the USN's aegis system! Put their money where their mouths are.... that is if they feel it is worth the expense?

Back