Europe and America...

I have never viewed the Scots as picky. When you are drunk you will use whatever in haggis. I mean, when the men are so drunk so they wear skirts and they don't care :smile:

We aren't picky as long as its been deep fried in batter first. :D

Nothing to be ashamed of wearing a kilt. :p

From what I understand; the kilts have different colors, depending on what clan they belong to, right? Do you belong to a clan, or is that gone now?

Kilts come in many different colours called tartan:

HFtEpIO.jpg

Every Scottish clan has its own tartan pattern. I'm not sure if I belong to a clan or not! :lol:

I'm sure there's Scottish on my mothers side but I've never looked into it. I've become too Engerlish. :(

Kilts come in many different colours called tartan:

HFtEpIO.jpg

Every Scottish clan has its own tartan pattern. I'm not sure if I belong to a clan or not! :lol:

I'm sure there's Scottish on my mothers side but I've never looked into it. I've become too Engerlish. :(

I can see two there which I recognize or rather the names of two patterns. So the regiment "Black Watch" is wearing the one with the same title? Is "Dress Gordon" what the regiment Gordon Highlanders are wearing?

I can see two there which I recognize or rather the names of two patterns. So the regiment "Black Watch" is wearing the one with the same title? Is "Dress Gordon" what the regiment Gordon Highlanders are wearing?

There are hundreds of tartan patterns. Scottish regiments have their own tartans.

"Dress Gordon" is from the Gordon clan, and the Gordon Highlanders before they were disbanded.

The cheapest one the kilt hire shop has available. ;) :lol:

So Scottish, I can see a chronological pattern emerging here. First the Scots invented whisky, it went downhill from there (probably down from the highlands) as we all know the ideas we get when we are drunk aren't that great after all, so at this time, the kilt emerge. Further down the hill, they came up with golf. Being drunk, wearing a kilt, and spend the whole day playing golf when it's raining. I think I nailed it quite well now

Back