Eurofighter Typhoon S Luftwaffe 30+06 flypast and Landing

MUC-Spotter

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFZveUl8ARI"]Eurofighter Typhoon S Luftwaffe 30+06 flypast and Landing at Penzing Airbase - YouTube[/ame]

I want one.

Well actually I would like several but one would do for a start.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly I use to refuel English Electric Lightnings with 11 tons of fuel, at full bore that got them from London to Scotland with none in reserve.

Do you have problems with your neighbors, Monty? You can buy one of these, it can be registered as a semi-truck, it is automatic so you avoid having a crew and other issues. You only need a driver's license for a semi-truck to operate it.

Another option is the Schimitar

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXSQ7OOfpnI"]Scorpion CVRT Shoot - YouTube[/ame]

It can be driven on a car licence in the UK at least and does 1 litre of petrol per mile.:thumb:

Last edited:
Do you have problems with your neighbors, Monty? You can buy one of these, it can be registered as a semi-truck, it is automatic so you avoid having a crew and other issues. You only need a driver's license for a semi-truck to operate it.

I can see advantages to it although I am worried about scraping the overhead lines.

Colour is ok although a Ferrari red one would sell better.

Another option is this:-

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...=b8291ef1819d8b170053399254da8f0f&action=view

It can be driven on a car licence in the UK at least and does 1 litre of petrol per mile.:thumb:

Interestingly enough we have a few Scorpions around somewhere, maybe I could get myself a project vehicle?

Last edited:
I can see advantages to it although I am worried about scraping the overhead lines.

Colour is ok although a Ferrari red one would sell better.

Interestingly enough we have a few Scorpions around somewhere, maybe I could get myself a project vehicle?

You can pimp both vehicles. If you paint it Ferrari red it will be confused to be a fire engine. but a red one and pimped rims will make it looking cool. To make it look lesser dangerous. Paint it pink and with the Hello Kitty things on it

The Howitzer is the latest Swedish artillery howitzer. It is called the Archer.

Is the Scorpion still in service?

Originally they were fitted with the 4.2 Jaguar engine, now they are fitted with diesels, it was a good bit of kit.:smile:

The Scorpions were not all that popular here as they couldn't be transported, prone to breaking down and kind of lacked a role with our defence planning, they were replaced with the NZLAV which is preferred but ironically also can not be transported by our air force.

They were eventually sold to a UK arms dealer in 2000.

You can pimp both vehicles. If you paint it Ferrari red it will be confused to be a fire engine. but a red one and pimped rims will make it looking cool. To make it look lesser dangerous. Paint it pink and with the Hello Kitty things on it

The Howitzer is the latest Swedish artillery howitzer. It is called the Archer.

Is the Scorpion still in service?

The Scorpions we phased out in the in 2000.

Always wondered about the stability of a truck mounted artillery piece and I imagine it would be hell on the truck suspension.

But I have always been a fan of automatic weapons as being ideal for low population countries like NZ where they give you the ability to have more with lower crew numbers.

Last edited:
The Scorpions were not all that popular here as they couldn't be transported, prone to breaking down and kind of lacked a role with our defence planning, they were replaced with the NZLAV which is preferred but ironically also can not be transported by our air force.

They were eventually sold to a UK arms dealer in 2000.

The Scorpions we phased out in the in 2000.

Always wondered about the stability of a truck mounted artillery piece and I imagine it would be hell on the truck suspension.

But I have always been a fan of automatic weapons as being ideal for low population countries like NZ where they give you the ability to have more with lower crew numbers.

I have never seen it live, I imagine it can stabilize itself while firing. Similar as how the firefighters stabilize their vehicles.

I never remember the difference between the Scorpion and the Scimitar. I do it now, but in a few hours I won't.

Back