Eurofighter a shooting star in clash with US jets

Let me just make a few comments.

Firstly, the F15 is an old plane, but not that old. I'm sure that depending on the pilots skills, an F15 can shoot down any plane in the world. The F15 is infact more suitable for long range combat than dogfighting, but it is superb at both. Also, one fight means nothing.

But on the other hand, Pentagon Officials were contemplating on cutting back on the F-22 Deal a bit and focus more the JSF as it seems more reliable and cheaper to produce. But F-22 replacing the F-15's role is highly likely.

Its like saying that an old Centurion can't beat a modern MBT, which it has proven it can with a good crew whit the knowlage of the MBTs weak points. A Swedish crew proved this fact when they went against competent crews in the heavyer STRV 122 MBT, one of the most technology advanced MBT around. It was the last blow from the Centurion that I know of.

Its like saying that an old Centurion can't beat a modern MBT, which it has proven it can with a good crew whit the knowlage of the MBTs weak points. A Swedish crew proved this fact when they went against competent crews in the heavyer STRV 122 MBT, one of the most technology advanced MBT around. It was the last blow from the Centurion that I know of.

Or IDF crews in Shermans against T-62s....

SHERMAN said:

Or IDF crews in Shermans against T-62s....

Hehe thats one i haven't heared off! Great! :D

Also, these were F-15E's, they are not designed for dog fighting and their primary mission is ground attack. They are duel role, however they are not as capable in air to air combat as an F-15C.

Inaddition F-15E pilots don't practice that type of combat as much as F-15C pilots because it isn't their primary job.

If the Eurofighter didn't win the dogfight, that would have been suprising.

Back