Euro 2004. - Page 8

--
Boots

June 26th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Yeah, he is in poor shape this euro....Hmmm, Holland Vs. Czech.....Should be a good game...Czech are playing like mad this Euro.....
June 26th, 2004  
782.matt

Well, yes. I know that's not an excuse for such a player like Beckham, but he was the first one to take it. He didn't know how bad the pk spot was. Then, after everyone else saw what happened they started jumping on it, digging at it a little, just to get the right spot. I mean, that spot was a mess!!

I think, at the level of play, it's pure luck if the goalie saves a pk. He decides which way he is going and if he's right, he just might save one, but I don't think James should be blamed for not saving any.
June 27th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Holland won inn penelty kicks.....Sorry SilverPhonix, Sweeden is going home.
--
Boots
June 30th, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman105
Yep, im for Holland 2.
Tnx for the support, but it didn't really help. That was the worst referee I've ever seen. And altough every Dutch player said that that's no excuse, I think he did influence the game greatly. That and the "drama queens" defending the Portugeese goal.

Johan Cruijf himself said afther the game: "That referee was a first class B*stard", and I think he was right.
June 30th, 2004  
782.matt

Worse then England vs. Portugal? Seems to be a trend so far... I wonder if the refs are just more lenient towards Portuagl because they are the host nation? But I also did hear that Portugal should have won that game 3, 4-0 (this is after game commentary).
July 1st, 2004  
SHERMAN

OMG! Greece beat Czech?! What the hell is going on?!
July 2nd, 2004  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman105
OMG! Greece beat Czech?! What the hell is going on?!
i dont know its some kind of conspiracy
July 2nd, 2004  
IrishWizard

Yeah I saw after the game on the news, it showed Athens and the people were running through the streets burning stuff lol
July 2nd, 2004  
782.matt

Ahh, so Portugal and Greece meet again! I'm putting my money on Portugal, simply because they are going to want revenge and ultimitely want the title more.