EU Military Attach Stage Walk-Out at Iran Parade

phoenix80

Banned
EU Military Attach Stage Walk-Out at Iran Parade

By AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE, TEHRAN

EU military attaches walked out in protest at a parade in Tehran Sept. 22 after ballistic missiles were rolled past carrying vitriolic anti-U.S. and Israeli slogans, diplomats told AFP.

There was a common position among the European Union members that, if the military parade included any slogans that attacked our allies, we would leave, said a diplomat.

The military attache from the embassies of France, Italy, Greece and Poland were present at the parade, and when they saw the slogans they promptly left, said another diplomat.

At the parade, Iran showed off six of its Shahab-3 medium-range ballistic missiles sporting banners reading Death to America,? ?We will crush America under our feet, Death to Israel? and ?Israel must be wiped off the face of the earth.

?They may be just slogans, but for us they are unacceptable,? one of the diplomats said.

The military event was held just south of Tehran to mark the start of ?Sacred Defense Week,? dedicated to the hundreds of thousands of Iranians killed after the forces of former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein invaded in 1980.

It also coincided with mounting tensions between Iran and the EU over Tehran?s nuclear ambitions.

http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?F=1120713&C=mideast

--------------------

:roll: :roll: :x :oops: :roll:

I really dont understand the position of the new Iranian Government.
Its hard line, its anti US that I understand. But now It actually seems to be looking for ways to antogonize the few friends it has left and Europe in particular. I mean I wasnt expected love letters between Tehran and Washington DC but to purposely annoy European countries seems a sure way to send them back into the arms of the US.

Just a good representation of how unfit to govern this crew is. Isn't it obvious by now what rhetoric can evolve into? Saber rattling is seen as a threat of imminent danger just as the rattle of a rattlesnake and proactive strike plans start moving up on the list of possibilities in a number of countries after such a display.

mmarsh said:
I really dont understand the position of the new Iranian Government.
Its hard line, its anti US that I understand. But now It actually seems to be looking for ways to antogonize the few friends it has left and Europe in particular. I mean I wasnt expected love letters between Tehran and Washington DC but to purposely annoy European countries seems a sure way to send them back into the arms of the US.

That is good!

EU should have listened to the US years ago and well now is not too late. EU & US should work together and support reformists and pro-democracy movements inside Iran before it is too late though.

Next move is to convince Russia & China to stop supporting the terrorist regime of Iran!

Back