EU Constitution rejected by France

--
Boots

May 30th, 2005  
Pierrot

Topic: EU Constitution rejected by France

This text was rejected by the French by a referendum held yesterday. France is the first country to oppose the text (after 9 countries who said "yes") with 55%. What do you think about (especially european people here) ?
Do you know what the text contains ?
May 31st, 2005  
KC72

this treaty is dead, if a very pro european nation like france rejects it there`s no way nations who are sceptical of the EU will ever vote for it.
May 31st, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

I read on the news wires that the Dutch are starting to resist the EU Constitution aswell. Anybody from Europe want to give us a view about all this?
--
Boots
May 31st, 2005  
gladius

Yes this is interesting, I would like to hear more European views on this either pro or con. C'mon you Europeans lets hear what you have to say.
May 31st, 2005  
Pierrot

Quote:
this treaty is dead,
I hope so ! I voted "NON" last sunday, only because this constitution isn't neutral. This contained a real political program !
Personally I am not against a EU constitution, but not this one.

If you want to make your own opinion go here ->>http://europa.eu.int/constitution/index_en.htm

And you can note this text's very too long
May 31st, 2005  
Corocotta

I do not agree with turkish entrance in UE, we do not have anything in common with them, and with this Constituion it will be very easy to happen. That`s why I say NO.
May 31st, 2005  
Jäger

I think a union with Turkey is maybe possible, but not in the next decades. Turkey has not even reached a point that allowes to think about such a membership. There must be some major changes in turkish economy, politics and society to make that possible.

By the way, the major parts of Turkey aren't part of geographical europe, so why should they be part of the european union
May 31st, 2005  
Darcia

Canada isn't in Eurpe yet there part of the ESA. Who knows what the higher ups in the EU are thinking.
June 1st, 2005  
Jäger

Yes, thats right.
June 1st, 2005  
AlexKall

I haven't read it, but I have read some small parts and i didn't like it. Although we, the poeple of Sweden won't get to decide, it will be the government and they are allready as I see it, in on it.