Escalation of War if Iran attacked?

AngloSaxon

With China just having signed an agreement to buy oil and gas from Iran and to develop Iran's Yadavaran oil field. What do people think is the likely response from China should Iran be attacked due to its Nuclear ambitions?

Without violating the borders of other nations (Afganistan, Pakistan, etc.), China is not in any position to do anything about it really.

Whether or not China can help matters, invading Iran is plenty problematic.

Iran won't be invaded or attacked, its too big a risk for USA.They are on their way to become a nuclear power.
Just like North Korea won't be invaded.
India has good relations with Iran too and have been investing in their oil fields.There are talks of a direct deep sea oil pipeline from Iran to India.Quite a large country too, to control.
I think there's gonna be many more years before USA can clean up the mess in Iraq.Invading Iran or any other country is too big a problem for USA now.

Code:
should Iran be attacked due to its Nuclear ambitions?

Ya'll can't go attacking countries just like that lol.

America could take iran on, the poor plannin on the Iraq war made it look like we couldn't However if the need came it could be done. All you have to do is give the Airforce and the Military do what they feel is best.

:idea: Just something for you to chew on:

The Sunburn - Iran's Awesome Nuclear Anti-Ship Missile The Weapon That Could Defeat The US In The Gulf

By Mark Gaffney
11-2-4

A word to the reader: The following paper is so shocking that, after preparing the initial draft, I didn't want to believe it myself, and resolved to disprove it with more research. However, I only succeeded in turning up more evidence in support of my thesis. And I repeated this cycle of discovery and denial several more times before finally deciding to go with the article. I believe that a serious writer must follow the trail of evidence, no matter where it leads, and report back. So here is my story. Don't be surprised if it causes you to squirm. Its purpose is not to make predictions history makes fools of those who claim to know the future but simply to describe the peril that awaits us in the Persian Gulf. By awakening to the extent of that danger, perhaps we can still find a way to save our nation and the world from disaster. If we are very lucky, we might even create an alternative future that holds some promise of resolving the monumental conflicts of our time. --MG

<snip>
Mod Edit: Include the link.

Please do not cut and paste documents of this size, if you feel the need, make a post in your own words citing the document, but unless you give your position on something, it is very difficult to have a discussion about it.

China would not help Iran with their military. Not that the US would invade out-right, but as for air and artillery strikes....hmm.

One should reinstate bomb carpets and pull them over the whole continent... Some terrorists might escape over the borders. Hell, why leave it at Iran? Let's scorch the whole frigging region, yeeeha!

No Bush is on power again, Iran seems a bit in danger to be honest.

If Iran is gone, oh my dear my poor N.Korea will be the next.

It would be sad to see all of our allies are chewed up :evil:

I don't thinkk that China will come and help Iran if USA attacks. Why should they? They can get oil from someone else if needed.

And I really hope that USA thinks more than once before attacking Iran. If Iran got nuclear they will use it if attacked and then no one knows whats gonna happen.

Your dear North Korea? LMAO.
I think it'll be rather contained. I don't think China or anyone will come running to Iran's aid. Except perhaps volunteer groups from other Islamic countries.

FlyingFrog said:
No Bush is on power again, Iran seems a bit in danger to be honest.

If Iran is gone, oh my dear my poor N.Korea will be the next.

It would be sad to see all of our allies are chewed up :evil:

You are right mates.

First, the real concern of USA about Iran is if Iran really has already got 1 nuke bomb at house (bought somewhere from Russia maybe), and USA attacks, then Israel will be hit by this 1 nuke.

About N.Korea:
I have to say, there are still many Chinese who have "special" feeling towards N.Koreans, if NK is attacked, I am pretty sure China will get in to help.
BUT: this is OFF-TOPIC. Sorry Mods.

FlyingFrog said:
About N.Korea:
I have to say, there are still many Chinese who have "special" feeling towards N.Koreans, if NK is attacked, I am pretty sure China will get in to help.
BUT: this is OFF-TOPIC. Sorry Mods.
On that track, the USA is extremely unlikely to take action on North Korea unless China was 100% in favor of that action.

Iran, on the other hand, is not something that China isn't likely to jump in for. They certainly won't be happy with us of course. Its just isn't quite worthwhile for them to send help, etc.

Of course that DOES NOT mean that invading them is a brilliant idea.

I really don't think China will be involved with the Iran-USA conflict.

What China can and possibly will do is to supply Iran some weapons or military tech, not sure about Nuke thing.

China would be crazy to send in troops to Iran, that is simply beyond any possibility.

Here's the link to the copy-and-pasted article. It's just one person's opinion or judgment, but certainly is a probable scenario:

http://www.rense.com/general59/theSunburniransawesome.htm

I agree to the idea that China definitely will not involve itself directly in the possible US-Iran conflict. In the nuclear era, true great powers (the power to destroy human civilization) will not fight a war with their worthy rivals unless they mean, per God's will, to commit the world to an immediate destruction. But they will have to, per their historical destiny or, at the personal/collective level, their genetically programmed impulse, fight through surrogate states. And in my opinion, any surrogate wars have the potential to escalate into a full fledged world war.

Whether they like it or not, Iran, North Korea, etc. are such surrogates. And even a surrogate nation has its own will and agenda. They do not necessarily have to be pushed to surrogate wars, they can ignite wars (recall the Korean war) instead.

If the USA launches a war against Iran, as it did Iraq, and if I were the Chinese or the Russian leadership, I certainly would see this US action as one more step to contain China (in desperate need of oil and already almost burst with anger at the Taiwan situation) or Russia (from super power to rags thanks to the US), I certainly would do all I could to help sabotage the US war effort, further damage the US relations with the rest of the world, and damage its already falling economy. Would any one of you not if you were Chinese or Russian?

Therefore, I think that China and Russia and all other countries that have political and economical interest in Iran and the Middle East will protect their own interest by sabotaging the US interest, all the way to an escalation of the war of an unanticipated degree. But any other signficant countries will avoid fighting a direct war against the US. Countries like the US, Russia, China, etc. are like world-class chess players, they will quit many steps before checkmate when they see it coming clearly, as long as they can see it coming (in many a historical case, they didn't).

And to go off topic, I think the nuclear-bundling policy may be the only effective way to avoid a nuclear war. For that reason, the nuclear powers should sit down and find a way to destroy all nuclear weapons. For God's sake, the US should love this idea as it has the most powerful conventional arsenal in this world!

Chocobo_Blitzer said:
You got a problem with preventing Iran's nuclear ambitions? :? Why do you mock?

Why? Simple:

Why do you reckon there are so many individuals happy to kill anything with a US passport?

I detest the bloody logic of attacking somebody who might in a hypothetical constellation, that is founded on prejudice, hypocrisy, ignorance and fear, use force.

See how we meanwhile treat muslims in our "enlightened" country. Take a long look at our own huge stockpile of WMDs. Consult a history book and read about how many wars Iran has incited.

What will this lead to?

I fear the consequences of another war in the region far more than Iran's nuclear capabilities. We will create the enemies we are frantically searching for to feed our war machinery.

The Iran is peaceful compared to us, but for how long? Their society may be based on principles we mock ourselves of having outgrown, yet a growing part of our people are religious fundamentalists as well. A quarter of Americans call themselves "born again" Christians, reject basic science, fail to perceive the Bible as a source of morality to be taken literally. I know how they treat people of different conviction.

We discriminate in our own country, cut individual rights by things like the Patriot (laughable) act and what not...

So what can we hold against Iran that we don't lack ourselves?

They harbour terrorists. Nice punch-line. They should be motivated to cooperate on this, yes. How can that be achieved? At gunpoint? Who are you kidding?

Would you cooperate? Yeah right... I would nod, grin, nod and grin until the gun is down and then pound some teeth through the back of a thick skull.

Our mission should be fighting terrorism that threatens us. The smart way - not bomb the crap out of nations that are struggling to advance to where we are, or better said should be.

Iraq is a huge mess. Let's clean up first and try to LEARN a bit from our obvious mistakes before we rush to the next trap to bring bombs and burgers to the heathen.

My 2 cents...

i dont believe it will be the US or iran who start another war in the middle-east. i believe it will be israel. i believe this because i cant see israel letting iran build up what it will see as a nuclear arsenal and as they did against iraq they will bomb the reactors and development sites. they can only do this with american help though as there planes dont have the range, and i think bush will give them the support for the raids if they do happen.

Back