esay Elingsh for non Elingsh spaeekrs

--
Boots

September 7th, 2004  
Redleg

Topic: esay Elingsh for non Elingsh spaeekrs

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

September 7th, 2004  
Grimnar

lol...
qiute fnuny
September 7th, 2004  
SHERMAN

yes, it semes to wrok vrey wlel wtih me.
--
Boots
September 7th, 2004  
Redneck

How many F's do you see in the following passage:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RESULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC STUDY COMBINED WITH THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

If you said 3, you're wrong. The actual answer is 6. The average human brain does not see the F in Of.

Things like this always make me feel like a dip, thanks, Redleg.

September 7th, 2004  
AlexKall

Topic: Re: esay Elingsh for non Elingsh spaeekrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

As i have a problem reading it takes quite a while to figure out what you wrote.
September 7th, 2004  
Darkmb101

Topic: Re: esay Elingsh for non Elingsh spaeekrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg

And i thought is because we're really bad a spelling, and always reading words with mistakes in them.
September 7th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Haha Redneck, I caught all three of the 'of"s but I miss the F in scientific. Does that mean I'm moderatley above average?
September 7th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureRANGER
Haha Redneck, I caught all three of the 'of"s but I miss the F in scientific. Does that mean I'm moderatley above average?
I think it means you're autistic.

September 7th, 2004  
alliehz

oh gosh, I was able to read that and understand what you were saying...
September 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Heres a fun site for this sort of thing: http://www.engrish.com/