ericoflancaster

ericoflancaster

Howdy all. I live in the south end of the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia. I served 3 tours in the USN in Tonkin Gulf aboard Coral Sea (2) and Intrepid (1) as a plane captain on the flight deck..I enlisted in Reno,Nevada...I went to the recruiters office intending to join the Marines. The Marine recruiter was not in and the guy from the Navy said I could grab a soda and wait for him, so I did. Next thing I knew ( he turned out to be a really great guy) I was in the Navy. In '69 I was awaiting discharge in a transit barracks and got in a "presentation" that could get me an early out. I didn't know he was with L.A.P.D. Next thing I knew I went to a smaller department and was retired early due to a back injury. I now have a married daughter, with 5 grandchildren. My son is a Santa Monica Policeman after 5 years with L.A. Sheriffs Dept. After a 38 year marriage we are kept in this pit of liberals to be close to our family, otherwise we would probably be in Utah. That pretty well summarizes my life to date. Later on guys and gals. Keep your spirits high despite election 2008. We will get through it. Hang in there.

Welcome Eric. I loved Calif in the early `60s but I don't think I could go back for any extended time now.

Back