erich Hartmann

It is also a confusing read as I recall Hartmann in an interview saying he was a terrible shot and it took him a while to adapt his aim to compensate for it.

Yeah, unfortunate but not uncommon for the time.

I saw his post war Sabre at the Luftwaffe museum (to be more precise: Bundeswehr Museum of Military History - Berlin-Gatow Airfield) in Berlin a few years ago.

picture2347.jpg

Last edited:
I can't see any picture. There is something wrong with photobucket, it doesn't allow photo sharing for free any longer.

Yeah but I uploaded it to this site and I can see it so I am not sure why you guys arent.

You've uploaded it to your profile album, and it seems like you've only allowed your friends (on the friends list there) and moderators to see the pics.

If you edit the album then you can choose to open it to the public. :smil:

You've uploaded it to your profile album, and it seems like you've only allowed your friends (on the friends list there) and moderators to see the pics.

If you edit the album then you can choose to open it to the public. :smil:

Well hopefully I have fixed it but I have no idea.
The picture is probably the worst one of the two I have but I am having trouble gettting the other back from photobucket.

Hopefully this is the better one.
picture2348.jpg

Last edited:
It is also a confusing read as I recall Hartmann in an interview saying he was a terrible shot and it took him a while to adapt his aim to compensate for it.
Can see both now! Richard Bong was also a great pilot & a lousy shot. While on leave in 1944 as the leading US Ace he took a basic gunnery class while Stateside to improve his shooting.

Back