er...wait....what?

Is this for real??? :lol:
"I'm not so stupid that you think I is....." :p

A Miss Teen USA contestant has appeared on The Today Show to explain her bumbling answer during a live question-and-answer session at the beauty pageant.
Read feedback

During last week's pageant, Miss Teen South Carolina Lauren Caitlin Upton was asked why one-fifth of Americans couldn't find USA on a map.
"I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps," she said tentatively.
She also made random references to South Africa, "Asian countries" and "the Iraq", and said they needed support from the American educational system.
Upton told South Carolina's The State newspaper she "completely misunderstood" the question and "didn't do anything wrong". "I wasn't expecting (the question). I lost my train of thought."
A video of the incident has become a YouTube hit, with almost three million hits since last week's pageant.
Despite the fumble, Upton came third in the Miss Teen USA competition.
Upton had a second chance to answer the question when she appeared on The Today Show.
She said she "went into complete shock" when she was asked the question.
"Everything came at me at once. I was overwhelmed and I made a mistake."
"I am sitting here laughing at myself because I feel like 'is that really me standing up there answering that question?'
"It's like I'm not in my actual body."

A Miss Teen USA contestant has appeared on The Today Show to explain her bumbling answer during a live question-and-answer session at the beauty pageant.
Read feedback

During last week's pageant, Miss Teen South Carolina Lauren Caitlin Upton was asked why one-fifth of Americans couldn't find USA on a map.
"I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps," she said tentatively.
She also made random references to South Africa, "Asian countries" and "the Iraq", and said they needed support from the American educational system.
Upton told South Carolina's The State newspaper she "completely misunderstood" the question and "didn't do anything wrong". "I wasn't expecting (the question). I lost my train of thought."
A video of the incident has become a YouTube hit, with almost three million hits since last week's pageant.
Despite the fumble, Upton came third in the Miss Teen USA competition.
Upton had a second chance to answer the question when she appeared on The Today Show.
She said she "went into complete shock" when she was asked the question.
"Everything came at me at once. I was overwhelmed and I made a mistake."
"I am sitting here laughing at myself because I feel like 'is that really me standing up there answering that question?'
"It's like I'm not in my actual body."
She is a perfect example of the reason American universities, starting with Harvard, as of THIS year are requiring ALL students, even native born English speaking Americans, to take the TOEFL test. You can now be an American citizen, born here, English is your first language and be an ESL student. The government, at the behest of an idiotic sycophantic public, have neutered teachers and rendered the public education system incapable of teaching anything to anyone.

20% of Americans can't locate the US on a world map...here's why:

13% of Americans are below the age of 8,

4% of Americans are blind,

and 3% of Americans live in South Carolina.

HAHAHAHA
Oh man. Listen ehhmm.. retarded lady, I think the average kid in "the Iraq," South Africa and all those Asian countries are going to be alright. Please keep your stupidity to yourself.
I think this is why the Chinese are going to win. Because of retards like her.

Last edited:
And to think I heard on the radio she has a 3.5 highschool GPA....

aaaaaaaaaaaaah hahaha

I recall one of my EMT instructors (in fact many of my instructors/professors along my path of life saying in some form or another) that great grades don't mean crap in the field...You can take an "A" student and they would fail miserably in the real world and more often than not the "C" student is the success...

Mike Lin once said to a class I was in "A" is for A-hole and "C" is for CEO

missmap.gif

Back