Epic Fail

You can't equate a guy saving for an engagement ring as opposed to buying one on credit to this. Two different animals. This has to be treated as a national emergency and all the party us against them needs to quit and a solution reached, muy pronto.

1)They have failed. The goverment has to do something, unless of course you actually want to live in a depression. Cause doing nothing is going to bring that on.

2)As for the CEO's they should be decorating light poles up and down Wall Street ...suspended by their necks.
1-I agree. It's too far gone to do nothing and let them fail. Yes the market will correct itself in 8-10 years but I don't want to be around during the time in between.

2-I had the funniest image in my head when I read that... CEOs suspended from buildings on Wall Street and collars around their necks, with Chiristmas lights that they're stringing on light poles as they swing back and forth... curse my overactive imagination! :santa:

I wonder if their is any way to get back the large payouts the CEO's were given when they split? Seems like a nice chunk of change the government could use to fix the problems the CEO's might have created. Obviously, that being for the ones who can be proven as shady in their CEO duties. Seems like a good example/precedent to establish, perhaps.

See thats my problem. These CEO's cause the problems and walk off with a pocket full o loot while the tax payer cleans up their mess.

We ought to have caneing here for these types of situations.

Absolutely, but I would want it to be proven that dumb dumb CEO is/was a dirtbag first, then fry him/her, literally.

With something this serious, they ought to be working through the holidays, no disrespect intended to the Jewish folk but this is a National Security issue, IMHO>

Last edited:
The people who are going to "lose their homes" are the ones that screwed up using their house for a bank and all that garbage,

Here is what they do one get house they can't afford planning to refinance or sell when the ballon payment comes due. STUPID deserve to lose their super sized house. Or people that did would run their credit cards up then refi then run the credit cards up refi, and so on.

That is propaganda aimed at bleeding hearts. People like me bought a house we could afford, have no credit card debt, and make it. Lots of people I know do the same thing we are responsible! Folks who are not responsible and pay our bills now have to pay the bills for those who live in those big houses!

People who are the same rank I am live in huge houses with balooning payments do I feel sorry for them, in a word no. If they had bought a house they could afford and live with in their means they would not be having problems.

The economy is not going to fall apart business people will find the money maybe borrow it from China or the Arabs the same place the government was going to get it anyway.

My plan is this, if the Government takes over those depts and forgives it they should come to my house with pictures of three large homes in my area let me pick the one I want then tell the family in that house that they have to move to my house and we will take that one both parties payments remain the same the Government rewards people like me who are responsible and punish those who are not. They lose that big wonderful house and get a solid yet modest house every one is happy.

The people who are going to "lose their homes" are the ones that screwed up using their house for a bank and all that garbage,

Here is what they do one get house they can't afford planning to refinance or sell when the ballon payment comes due. STUPID deserve to lose their super sized house. Or people that did would run their credit cards up then refi then run the credit cards up refi, and so on.

That is propaganda aimed at bleeding hearts. People like me bought a house we could afford, have no credit card debt, and make it. Lots of people I know do the same thing we are responsible! Folks who are not responsible and pay our bills now have to pay the bills for those who live in those big houses!

People who are the same rank I am live in huge houses with balooning payments do I feel sorry for them, in a word no. If they had bought a house they could afford and live with in their means they would not be having problems.

The economy is not going to fall apart business people will find the money maybe borrow it from China or the Arabs the same place the government was going to get it anyway.

My plan is this, if the Government takes over those depts and forgives it they should come to my house with pictures of three large homes in my area let me pick the one I want then tell the family in that house that they have to move to my house and we will take that one both parties payments remain the same the Government rewards people like me who are responsible and punish those who are not. They lose that big wonderful house and get a solid yet modest house every one is happy.
Apartment complexes are the reason this doesn't work. If the tenants are good, but the landlord made the risky mortgage guess who gets thrown out on the street.

And land values drop when properties are foreclosed upon, so even those who are good are in trouble.

Credit markets are virtually frozen between the banks so they have to get a tweeked edition of the package through congress sometime real soon.

Revised regulation and punishment will have to come later.

The $700 billion to buy up the troubled debt securities is not going to be a complete loss. It is possible the US taxpayer will make a profit out of this process in the long run. The trouble will be valuing these securities but for much of them the US treasury will be paying about 20c in the dollar. A bargain?? Maybe.

Panic is the big thing today and freeing up the credit markets is number 1 priority. You can get angry about the CEO's all you like but if money markets stay frozen we are all in mighty trouble.

And like I said, now we really know the militias are full of sh*t.
If this didn't constitute a time to start going after some heads, I don't know what ever would. Useless I tell you. Useless.

Other guy
I would tell some one in that situation sorry to hear that now go find another place to live, it sucks but things like that happen. Jesus Christ it's not the Federal Governments problem to find people appartments or deal with Land Lord Tennent disputes.

What about the Butt-Heads that lived way beyond their means do I have to pay for that nice brick house, BMW, and jet ski? If so WHY?

How about the IDIOTS (you know who you are) that "use their house as a Bank" and take maximum money out of it when the price of the home was inflated? Now they owe way more than it's worth and can't make the payments not my problem.

It Boils down to they made their bed now they need to sleep in it. This is a military forum I thought you folks would understand self control, ethics, and Honor. Self reliance maybe?

Yeah I do understand that but the truth is that the world IS full of retards and if the banks or whatever offer these deals to the public it will attract people like flies to a lump of sh*t.
The point is, now we ALL suffer.

There is way more to it than mortgages though because the process of banks lending to banks is in jeopardy and if that stops then people stop getting paid, rents on office blocks don't get paid, gas, power and oil stops flowing.

The reality is that whether we like it or not we can not afford to let these institutions go under.

There is way more to it than mortgages though because the process of banks lending to banks is in jeopardy and if that stops then people stop getting paid, rents on office blocks don't get paid, gas, power and oil stops flowing.

The reality is that whether we like it or not we can not afford to let these institutions go under.

Precisely. And as this is based upon confidence, the longer the authorities delay, the greater the damage; and there is always a tipping point. This should all have been tied up long before now to reassure the market.

let the banks fall. Let people lose their homes.

Maybe next time the banks will ensure the loans aren't going to fall through.

Make you a deal before you decide whether your views are a good idea or not go and find out what else the failure of these companies will affect.

I promise you it is more than just mortgages.

I do agree. It does not stop there. They made that mistake last time and lumbered themselves with the great depression.

Politicians need to put party politics to one side and take the necessary action. They are not punishing the banks by hesitating, they are punishing the man in the street most of all.

Time enough for blame and punishment when the dealing is done.

This is a complex problem, I am pissed but we all saw this coming for a long time. If we give in to the banks and speculators they will just keep on business as usual. We have to break this cycle, credit should be earned not given.

I work with a woman who like me does every thing correctly we both pay our bills on time, save for what we want do not use credit unless it's an emergency. We work with others who have debt up to their eye balls. They have larger house then they can need or can afford. Our houses are modest and a bit small for our families but well kept up.

Folks who live beyond their means will end up keeping the big house and all the luxuries they have bought on credit and have the tax payers pick up the tab. It is a sin that these people will get away with it.

This bail out is not going to do anything but continue the business cycle until the next bail out.

My co-worker and I were discussing just not paying our Mortgages and getting bailed out.

This is a complex problem, I am pissed but we all saw this coming for a long time. If we give in to the banks and speculators they will just keep on business as usual. We have to break this cycle, credit should be earned not given.

I work with a woman who like me does every thing correctly we both pay our bills on time, save for what we want do not use credit unless it's an emergency. We work with others who have debt up to their eye balls. They have larger house then they can need or can afford. Our houses are modest and a bit small for our families but well kept up.

Folks who live beyond their means will end up keeping the big house and all the luxuries they have bought on credit and have the tax payers pick up the tab. It is a sin that these people will get away with it.

This bail out is not going to do anything but continue the business cycle until the next bail out.

My co-worker and I were discussing just not paying our Mortgages and getting bailed out.

While the sentiment may be accurate and well founded your "screw em" approach is somewhat akin to not launching the life boats on the Titanic because the bastard that hit the iceberg might get away.

Back