Enough Pirates!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The attacks have not abated because the warships haven't been given the green light to fire on pirates. I swear, these suit and tie dumbasses think that just by having a warship or a bunch of guys with guns just show up it will scare the local gunmen into submission. I got news for those guys: those gunmen aren't the pansies that the suit guys are.

These guys have gotten to cocky. They think that if a few idiots with AKs and no future take over a ship and some hostages that people will bend over backwards for them and pay whatever ransom they want. They expect a show of force of course, but no actual action. And then... Russia came in. They arent the type to sit back and worry about the hostages. They will go in and light these F**kers up.

Show of force without action has happened so many times that the whole nature of show of force is somewhat ineffective now.

I think the easiest option is to send a message to the pirates that you will be leaving in 12 hours and the "security" of the vessel will be turned over to the Russians, follow that up with a message to the Russians telling them its all theirs in 12 hours.

Unless of course the French want to handle it.

I hope the Russian Navy shows the world how to handle pirates! Putin does not take a lot of crap.

Somalia: World can use force against the pirates

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081001/ap_on_re_af/af_somalia_piracy;_ylt=AhRYPe3pHHs10TZY9Jj48udbbBAF

This is an article that relates to this topic. The puppet Somali government stated that it backs the international community if they want to forcefully deal with these pirates.

Mohammed Jammer Ali, acting director of the Somali Foreign Ministry, told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he was giving new permission for such actions.
"The international community has permission to fight with the pirates," he said.
Somalia's president, Abdullahi Yusuf, also appealed to foreign powers. "The government has lost patience and now wants to fight pirates with the help of the international community," he said in a radio address.

Russia has used force to end several hostage sieges on its own territory — sometimes disastrously, as in the 2004 storming of a school in Beslan that resulted in 333 deaths, nearly half of them children.
However, the Russian navy's chief spokesman played down the possibility of the use of force.
"Taking forceful measures, for obvious reasons, is an extreme measure, as this could create a threat to the lives of the international crew of the cargo ship," Capt. Igor Dygalo said.
In a statement, he said the task of the frigate heading to the waters off Somalia was to protect Russian ships and suggested it would mainly prevent further pirate attacks. He said efforts to free the hostages would involve diplomacy.

Asked one of my professor's who specializes in international relations about why the US and Russian Navy's aren't doing more to counteract this threat, given that they both have ships in the area. He said the Navies can only protect ships registered to their respective nations and that to retake a ship after the pirates are on board would be an act of war against whatever nation that ship is registered to.

In short political b******t is getting people killed, numerous treaties have made it illegal for the law abiding crew members to arm themselves to provide for their own defense the US and Russian navies are powerless to intervene unless they themselves come under attack.

Asked one of my professor's who specializes in international relations about why the US and Russian Navy's aren't doing more to counteract this threat, given that they both have ships in the area. He said the Navies can only protect ships registered to their respective nations and that to retake a ship after the pirates are on board would be an act of war against whatever nation that ship is registered to.
That is not correct, all that is needed is a SNO from the country of origan

(statement of no objection)

This would be a good place to use Blackwater types, as ship board security but they want so much money! (becasue BWUSA is exempt from the law)

Last edited:
Diplomacy... you know what it really is? It's like this "You have five minutes to come out with your hands up, or we're going in there." That's what diplomacy is.
Unfortunately we've forgotten this fact and now we think it's a bunch of talking and if the bad guys walk out with all the stuff they asked for, somehow we've won because less than five people have been killed - this time.

I always thought it is the duty of ships to help other ships in distress. Aside from that, the pirates are attacking US Navy ships and Ships carrying russian equippment. The russians can claim(and they would be right) that they cant allow those tanks to run about. The UN security council should decide to send an international force to fight these idiots. A few modern military vesels can do a lot of damage to these pirates.

UPDATE

The Somalia Government has just authorized Foreign nations to use Force against Pirates that operate in their waters.

I don't think this one will be negotiated peacefully.

So the Pirates must be from a rival clan then huh? Or they are at odds with the Transistional Assembly.

They pirates don't have allegiance to no clan, government, or the Islamic courts they are just gunmen with no jobs who see they piracy a lucrative way of quick cash.

The puppet government or transitional government whatever you may call them is all former warlords themselves with former ties to different militias or clans. They are not legitimate in the eyes of the Somali population because they are the same warlords that pillaged the country before and they came in the backs of Ethiopian tanks and American aircraft.

The pirates don't take command from either the former warlord government nor from the Islamic Courts, they act in their own interests which is money. The Islamic Courts knows how to deal with the pirates and the former warlord government who is corrupt, and I hope they triumph so they can deal with these pirates and puppet regime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back