Enlisting in the US Marine Corps

king3985

I've been thinking about joining the US Military for a long time ever since I graduated from High School but, there was always one problem with me joining. I have always been really scrawny my entire life. when I was about 7 years old I was taken to a hospital to get blood drawn as my mother thought I had some sort of disease or illness for as skinny as I was at the time but, I have just always had a really high-metabolism I had to drink Ensure just to put on weight but even then I still didn't start to make a dent in "filling out" until my freshman year of High School. After Graduation I am now 5 foot 11 inches and I weigh 140 pounds. The problem I have is that my body looks kind of chubby and my legs look fine but, my arms... look like twigs and no matter how many pull-ups or push-ups I have done in my life they have never changed at all I do 25 push-ups and 5 pull-ups every morning for 3 years since my graduation with some variation to the workout but, still they don't look any bigger and my worry is that a I'm going to go down to MEPS or get into Basic and be disqualified because of my noodle arms.
If anyone can relate or give some feedback, it would be greatly appreciated. Please don't tell me to stuff my face with Junk food/eat lots of peanut butter or stop working out all together, I have already tried those methods years before I asked this question. Thank you!

I've been thinking about joining the US Military for a long time ever since I graduated from High School but, there was always one problem with me joining. I have always been really scrawny my entire life. when I was about 7 years old I was taken to a hospital to get blood drawn as my mother thought I had some sort of disease or illness for as skinny as I was at the time but, I have just always had a really high-metabolism I had to drink Ensure just to put on weight but even then I still didn't start to make a dent in "filling out" until my freshman year of High School. After Graduation I am now 5 foot 11 inches and I weigh 140 pounds. The problem I have is that my body looks kind of chubby and my legs look fine but, my arms... look like twigs and no matter how many pull-ups or push-ups I have done in my life they have never changed at all I do 25 push-ups and 5 pull-ups every morning for 3 years since my graduation with some variation to the workout but, still they don't look any bigger and my worry is that a I'm going to go down to MEPS or get into Basic and be disqualified because of my noodle arms.
If anyone can relate or give some feedback, it would be greatly appreciated. Please don't tell me to stuff my face with Junk food/eat lots of peanut butter or stop working out all together, I have already tried those methods years before I asked this question. Thank you!

The easiest way to figure things out is to visit the USMC recruitment office where you live and discuss it with them.

Skinny doesn't mean weak.I've served with skinny guys 1 named Quinn was 501 and 115 pounds soaking wet and the best damn SAW gunner I've seen. I was 125 pounds when I enlisteded and topped out at 138 when I got out. Can you do the IST and PFT?

I have never had a problem doing exercises but, I lose weight very quickly as part of my high metabolism so I eat 4 meals a day. as far I know I could pass the IST with ease if part of the IST was carrying a fridge up a set of stairs with a hand truck by myself I don't think I could pass that lol.

King you should listen and take the time to answer 03 seriously.
He is trying to help you.

No one will drag fridges.
But perhaps you have to drag a wounded team mate to safety.

Get your head on straight if you want this.

Back