Enlisting in the Marines saturday!

FutureDevilDog

Finally, after these long years of being under 18 I finally am old enough to live up to my user name! I passed my phys at MEPS and am going back saturday to enlist to be part of the MCSF. Hopefully I get FAST but if not its no big deal. I've read alot about the MCSF and its been good and bad. Idk I think it sounds mighty interesting and I'm very excited to ship out, however I will be waiting untill January due to the long waiting list...

FAST ain't what you think it is. But it is marginally better than MCSF Company in the hinterlands. Good luck concentrate on Recruit Training and SOI first.

FAST ain't what you think it is. But it is marginally better than MCSF Company in the hinterlands. Good luck concentrate on Recruit Training and SOI first.

Would you care to give me your take on the matter, sir? I've heard good things and bad things about it. That basically all the training is high speed but for the most part you're basically on glorified firewatch the whole time, Fake Azz Seal Team etc but I still am interested. What do you think?

FAST is what FAST is, a protection detail for the fleet. Problem is the name leads to a different line of thought sometimes. Fleet Antiterrorist Security Team , should probably be Fleet Security Team.

I wouldn't call the training high speed, mid speed would be better. But the training is just that training a bit above the guys going straight to the FMF because it's a skill set needed for that particular billet.

Fake Azz SEAL team? Only in the minds of some Boots who get caught up in the hype it all and tend to blow it out of proportion. MOS 8154 is nowhere near the mission or requirements of an NSW Operators requirement.

FAST does get do some things occsionally like secure airfields or form special landing teams or reinforce MSG Detachments. But your main mission is security of the fleet in accordance with the commanders wishes.

FAST is what FAST is, a protection detail for the fleet. Problem is the name leads to a different line of thought sometimes. Fleet Antiterrorist Security Team , should probably be Fleet Security Team.

I wouldn't call the training high speed, mid speed would be better. But the training is just that training a bit above the guys going straight to the FMF because it's a skill set needed for that particular billet.

Fake Azz SEAL team? Only in the minds of some Boots who get caught up in the hype it all and tend to blow it out of proportion. MOS 8154 is nowhere near the mission or requirements of an NSW Operators requirement.

FAST does get do some things occsionally like secure airfields or form special landing teams or reinforce MSG Detachments. But your main mission is security of the fleet in accordance with the commanders wishes.

I only say that because that's the response I got over at Military.com. Well from what you say it sounds like what I wanna do. Just gotta PT my ass off until then. Thanks for taking your time to answer my questions!

Take the Fake AZZ SEAL Team comment with a grain of salt. It is true that FAST has been called that, but there is a story behind it and it's a FAST Plt's fault they were tagged with it.

Good Luck

Good Luck to you man. I just got back from graduation at Parris Island. Had a female cousin graduating out of 4th battalion Oscar company. It was hot and sticky. Hope you get all your conditioning in before you go. Your gonna be constantly IT'ed get ready for all the cardio and all of the hard work.. Best of luck to you stay focussed.

Back