Enlisting in the Marines with 3 dependents? And age requirements?

eaglex72

Hello,

I am very seriously considering enlisting in the Marine Corp.

However, I am married, with two children. And am 28 years old.

I know the age limit is 29.

When I was at the recruiter with my wife, they explained that it wasn't possible to enlist with 3 dependents.

But, I don't like having one opinion, like doctors, one diagnosis is not always the correct one.

I was wondering, can I enlist even though I have 3 dependents?

Also, I am fit, educated(Associate college degree), and athletic. No criminal history. No health issues.

I cant imagine why they would reject me, even if there is not a current shortage of younger, un-married recruits. They would be getting a mature, responsible adult.

This is an opportunity for me to support my family, and give them a future that I may not be able to with a civilian career.

I read online, that with a written consent from a spouse, that someone with 3 dependents can enlist. But I don't know if that is true.

Another thing, the Army has a very competitive benefits package. Does the Marine Corp give career Marines 401K options? The Army has a thing called Thrift Savings Plan. Which is a retirement fund. And they are given yearly bonuses that can be put into the retirement fund.

The Army also pays for your spouse and children college tuitions.

They Army also automatically gives enlisted soldiers $450,000 life insurance.

Anyway, my window of opportunity to join the Marine Corp is closing on me, and it is something I always wanted to do, and wish I had done when I was younger.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Usually the Marine Corps is very bad when it comes to benefits etc.
The Army is usually much better with that.
I'd be surprised if you found anything contrary to that.

If MCO's say you can not enlist with 3 dependents you can not enlist with 3 dependants...period...end.

There is not currently a shortage of potential recruits for any service, bad economies do that.

The Corps is rejecting you because you have 3 dependents.

You can apply for a waiver with 3 dependents but don't count on it.

Research the supposed "bennies" for career military there are many requirements and disqualifications.

No the Corps does not have 401 K (Seriously? You think this is Boeing or something?)

You better think about this and understand that the Corps if you were to enlist is a demandinding and fickle mistress, sick days, nope. Kids Birthdays Nope Holidays maybe, You are there to perform the duty.

Back