Enduring Freedom Quotes

GuyontheRight

Here are some I gathered and also verified...

“Everybody in Afghanistan ought to know we’re coming in and hells coming with us.”
-former National Security Advisor Robert McFarlane (CBS Face the Nations, Oct. 28 2001.)

“They [senior members of al-Qaida] are dead. They just don’t know it yet.”
-unnamed US official quoted in New York Times, October 10, 2001.

“For states that support terror, it is not enough that the consequences be costly-they must be devastating”
-George w. Bush ata speech at The Citadel, Dec 11, 2001.

“I gave them fair warning”
-President George w. Bush, Oct. 8 when deciding on military action against the Taliban

“I asked for a few Americans. They brought with them the courage of a whole army.”
-General Abdul Rashid Dostum, on the Green Berets in Nov. 2001

“For all the fabled fighting qualities of the Afgahns, they’ve never had to deal with a modern air campaign.”
Unnamed US official in The Washington Post, Oct. 12, 2001.

We’re not running out of [fixed] targets. Afghanistan is.”
-Donald Rumsfeld, Oct. 9, 2001.

“America must know that the storm of airplanes will not stop, and there are thousands of young people who look forward to death like the Americans look forward to life.”
-al Qaida spokesman Salaiman Abu Ghaith, Oct 10, 2001

More to come when i get time...

“Everybody in Afghanistan ought to know we’re coming in and hells coming with us.”
-former National Security Advisor Robert McFarlane (CBS Face the Nations, Oct. 28 2001.)

I guess McFarlane likes Tombstone haha.
(Wyatt Earp: "Tell them that I'm coming, and Hell's coming with me.")

Haha, good pickup.

Ok, here some more, good to see some of these got put up :D

"Get Mullah Omar, and Osama won't be able to operate. He'll be on the run. You must take out the center of gravity. That's what I would do if I were running this campaign."
-President Perez Musharraf, quoted in London's Daily Telegraph, Oct. 16, 2001.

"Destroy bin Laden's infrastructure. Destroy his terrorist apparatus. Destroy her camps. Destroy his command element from the bottom up. Kill them as they eat, sleep, and prey. Kill everything bin Laden holds dear. I want him running so hard and fast that he can't stop to puke. And finally, when he has lost everything, kill him."
-unidentified (Assumed JSOC commander) Oct. 2001

"What is my program? You mean my goal? I want bin Laden's head in a burlap bag on Rimsfelds desk. If I can't settle for that, then I'll settle for every al-Qaida terrorist head."
-unidentified CIA Advisor to Afghan commander, Dec. 2001

"He is certainly a problem, he is not the problem"
-Donald Rumsfeld, Oct. 11, 2001, on Bin Laden

Back