Ending Somali piracy: few options for US forces (AP)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
AP - Stamping out Somalia's piracy scourge using U.S. warships or military force will be virtually impossible, according to maritime experts who said Tuesday the real problems lie ashore in the ashes of Somalia's failed state.

More...

You know I m thinking about piracy myself, seems that if you want to make a bit of money you just take over a ship demand a few million dollars and wait for the payout, at the very worst you may be get seen by a Naval vessel who will keep an eye on you until the ransom arrives.

Any one interested?
1 Oil Tanker = 20 mill ransom at least, should only need 10 people tops so 2 mill a piece, only have to work a couple of months a year.

If you are unlucky you might get caught and taken back to Somalia without your weapons but then with the few million you get from hijacking boats I am sure you can pick up another RPG, rusty AK and leaky boat to recoup your losses.
===============================================
I agree with them sending more warships is pointless unless they are prepared to give them clear orders to stamp out piracy by any means necessary.

Alternatively insurance companies can stop insuring vessels in the area and crews can stop signing on without suitable protection.

So when exactly did the civilised world become the joke it appears to be?

Last edited:
So when exactly did the civilised world become the joke it appears to be?
The brain drain started when Political Correctness was acknowledged by our governments.

Most of the first worlds problems would never have got off the ground without Political correctness, and this is now what stops effective cures being acted upon.

Last edited:
Back