The end of "major combat"?

Ironside

Banned
The end of "major combat"?

missionaccomplished.jpg

I suppose one can interpret "major combat" anyway they see fit. I doubt there's a Military Terminology Manual out there defining "major combat."

President Bush (who opted to avoid Vietnam war duty) seems to interpret "major combat" as either, shock-n-awe and/or the initial invasion.

Unfortunately it appears the insurgents have proved Mr. Bush wrong.

With this month being the deadliest month to American troops since the Vietnam war, it appears Mr. Bush had jumped the gun when he posed in front of a "Mission Accomplished" banner and announced the end of "major combat."

He also said in that speech a year ago, “In the battle of Iraq, the United States and the coalition have prevailed.” Meaning it wasn't just the aircraft carrier’s mission he was speaking about. It's amazing how many will try to defend Bush's aircraft carrier speech, event to date. I think that's a slap in the face of our troops who are still engaged in "major combat", in Iraq!

Not this :cen: again...

Never mind, I'm not gona say anything right now cuz I'm tired and if I say some thing now I may regret it.

You have already made this post in another forum, only make a post once, then move on, multiple posts will be deleted.

That being said, I believe you know good and well what "major combat" entails, and that it was over with the defeat of Saddam's forces and the removal of his government. Are you actually with the 1st, by the way, or are you just playing Army?

Redneck said:
You have already made this post in another forum, only make a post once, then move on, multiple posts will be deleted.

That being said, I believe you know good and well what "major combat" entails, and that it was over with the defeat of Saddam's forces and the removal of his government. Are you actually with the 1st, by the way, or are you just playing Army?

That about what I was gona say, but you said it nicely. :D

Why have you not been to the welcome forum Ironside?

Ironside said:
I'm an Army Veteran, I served with the 1st Armor Divison.
You can check out my site for more...

POOF! But it is nice to know you served and that you are not some kid trying to have some fun.

Welcome to the forum.

Mod edit: Come on, Razor, you know better than that ;) .

Back