The end of Gadaffi

Alan P

Gadaffi’s 40 year reign has finally come to an end thanks to the N.A.T.O. strikes
It is all about oil nothing more nothing less. The big question now is who takes over the running of the country.
Hopefully for the sake of the Libyan people and indeed the western world it is not
Al Qaeda, because make no mistake they will be in the wings.
There is no magic wand for the Libyans; the struggle for democracy has just started.

Looks like taking the rebels side was a wise decision. The rebels said today that China, Russia, India, and all the other countries who supported Gadaffi won't be able to make new oil deals.

It took a dictator like Gaddafi to keep everyone in line just like with Saddam in Iraq. You've got Liberals, Conservatives, Moderate Muslims, Extremists, Communists and Nationalists all vying for power. Can a democratically elected government with restrictions on its power imposed by a constitution maintain order? I doubt it.

I haven't been looking into the news with Libya for awhile. Are you telling me the war is actually coming to a close? They captured the capital, I know that, but that instantly means Gadaffi lost?

I am going to check this out.

Back