Empire by Orson Scott Card

Damien435

Has anyone read this book? I am currently about half way through the book and I do NOT like where it is going. On one hand I am a big fan of Card and it is a well written book with an engaging plot, BUT I can't help but feel as though it is villianizing the US Army. I'm hoping that I am wrong, but what seems to be happening right now is that the US Army has killed the President and Vice President and using some very advanced technologies has taken over Manhattan Island and is systematically killing NY's finest. It's a terrible thought and to me represents an author who didn't do their research before writing the book. It is deplorable to think that the US Army as a whole or even a large part of it could be involved with a coup and the systematic murder of Americans. I'm reading this as fast I can hoping to resolve this issue and find out that I am just a paranoid idiot, perhaps somebody can help me out. If you've read the book don't tell me exactly what happens, I just want to know, is the Army leading a coup/starting a civil war or no? Please don't go into any details, just that this plot is really starting to piss me off but I can't put down the book! :bang:

Back